• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the coaching team has realised there is no point in keeping players around that they don’t think can take the team forward. Prob tapped several on the shoulder and signaled they might be involved in the next 12 months but aren’t part of the plans beyond that so prob given them ability to talk to other teams.

Depending on the money situation there might be some contracts front loaded which could open opportunities to having a strong squad in 2-3yrs time

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It's a bit strange to sign Staniforth then release him so soon after.

They might not have released him, non-wallabies have recently been asked to sign a pay reduction similar to earlier this year when Hockings, Lucas and Rodda all broke their contracts. Staniforth may have used that as an opportunity to break contract and sign elsewhere like they did.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Any chance they are freeing up cash to get two ‘top line’ options. Rodda & one other? Not sure who else, if any, are available. It just seems odd to lose so many on one position.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Any chance they are freeing up cash to get two ‘top line’ options. Rodda & one other? Not sure who else, if any, are available. It just seems odd to lose so many on one position.
What cash? The coffers are bare until a TV deal is signed

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
What cash? The coffers are bare until a TV deal is signed

I know things are tough - but I guess I was hoping with Hooper, Beale & Simmons all leaving plus Robinson, Holloway, Hanigan and a few others there would be something available to use for a key signing or two.

Assuming I’m wrong, who are the young locks in the system that might at least become an option in a year or two?