• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Foketi isn’t the best 12, but he’s the best in our current squad in that position. So I’m glad he’s re-signed.

New website for all the details about what’s coming up in 2022. Including an article about Foketi and his re-signing.

https://nsw.rugby/reset22

I notice the confirmed squad doesn’t include Hoops? Should I be concerned?

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Foketi isn’t the best 12, but he’s the best in our current squad in that position. So I’m glad he’s re-signed.

New website for all the details about what’s coming up in 2022. Including an article about Foketi and his re-signing.

https://nsw.rugby/reset22

I notice the confirmed squad doesn’t include Hoops? Should I be concerned?

Hooper signed for 5yrs in 2018, takes him through to 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Waraths still have a fair amount of retention/recruiting to go, they have half the number of players that the Rebels/Reds have signed for next year.

Confirmed signed for 2022:
Waratahs - 16
Brumbies - 23
Force - 28
Rebels - 32* (including 5 EPS? players)
Reds - 32

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Also doesn't include Rahboni WV who only signed 3 months ago....
There should be loads of cap space with Dempsey, Maddocks, Moeroa Wykes all confirmed as gonski along with the no spend in 2021 policy.... I'd expect Tizzano might head back to WA, though I really rate him, he's not going to get much time with Hooper back and Gamble is a decent backup.

Can't see them wanting to re-sign Abel or Caird. No Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) confirmed either. Still some very big holes in the roster..

So far matchday squad looks like this

Bell
Porecki
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Douglas
Williams
Swinton
Hooper
RWV
Gordon
Harrison
Reilly
Foketi
Perese
Ramm
Donaldson

Bench

TBA
Horton
Faulkner
Whetton
Harris
Grant
Edmed
Walton

Fuck me we're thin on quality/experience everywhere except the backrow.

Still need Big TH props x 2
Big bodied rock crushing Lock also x 2

Another quality scrum half

Top quality winger centre and fullback.

The big Saffa Rebel TH would be good.. Cobus.... Rebs have big Pone to fill that slot.

Skelton/Arnold/Etc... someone.... Even big Caderyn Neville coming home could work. Brumbies have Swain/Frost/Tom Hooper

What I'd give for someone like Kerevi or even Kata from the Brumbies.... With Muirhead/Wright Banks he's probably bench cover there anyway

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah sorry i was going off the list on the front page, according to the Tahs website a lot of those players are signed. I've highlighted the ones in red who have been listed for 2022 on the Tahs website but not the front page. List looks a bit healthier when they're all included.

Let me know if I've missed anything

Hooker:
Dave Porecki (2022)
Tom Horton (2022)

Prop:
Harry Johnson-Holmes (2022)
Angus Bell (2022)
Tetera Faulkner 2022

Lock:
Sam Caird (2022)
Jack Whetton (2022)
Jeremy Williams 2022
Max Douglas 2022

Backrow:
Michael Hooper (2023)
Lachlan Swinton (2022)
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco (2023)
Will Harris 2022

Scrumhalf:
Jack Grant (2022)
Jake Gordon (2022)

Flyhalf:
Will Harrison (2023)
Tane Edmed (2022)

Centre:
Izaia Perese (2022)
Lalaki Foketi (2022)
Joey Walton 2022

Wing:
Mark Nawaqanitawase (2022)
James Ramm (2022)
Triston Reilly 2022

Fullback:
Ben Donaldon 2022

Unsigned:
Robbie Abel (2021)
Joe Cotton (2021)
Tiaan Tauakipulu (2021)
Alefosio Tatloa (2021)
Jeremy Williams (2021)
Carlo Tizzano (2021)
Hugh Sinclair (2021)
Charlie Gamble (2021)
Henry Robertson (2021)
Alex Newsome (2021)

GONE:
Tepai Moeroa (Melbourne Storm)
Sam Wykes (Retired)
Jack Dempsey - Glasgow Warriors
Chris Talakai (Aviron - France)

RUMORED GONE:
Jack Maddocks (Pau)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah sorry i was going off the list on the front page, according to the Tahs website a lot of those players are signed. I've highlighted the ones in red who have been listed for 2022 on the Tahs website but not the front page. List looks a bit healthier when they're all included.
Bugger. I was hoping to hear a Red’s announcement for Donaldson.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Is there any reason the Tahs haven't looked to pick up Chris Feauai-Sautia? He could really fit a gap in the squad (physical, athletic Wing/centre option).

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Especially a big, strong one who can get you over the gain line. He would seem a really good fit, if available.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Is there any reason the Tahs haven't looked to pick up Chris Feauai-Sautia? He could really fit a gap in the squad (physical, athletic Wing/centre option).

That would require some actual intelligent and targeted (not to mention obvious) recruiting.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
That would require some actual intelligent and targeted (not to mention obvious) recruiting.

Sadly CFS has proven beyond question that his body can't cope with the physical demands of Super Rugby. He's probably only played 50% of the games he could have by now due to continual injury problems. He'd be a poor recruit option in my book. No disrespect as he's a great player when fully fit, but the squad is thin enough without adding another Dempsey type player... quality but injury prone. Can't win you games when they're in rehab unfortunately.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Sadly CFS has proven beyond question that his body can't cope with the physical demands of Super Rugby. He's probably only played 50% of the games he could have by now due to continual injury problems. He'd be a poor recruit option in my book. No disrespect as he's a great player when fully fit, but the squad is thin enough without adding another Dempsey type player. quality but injury prone. Can't win you games when they're in rehab unfortunately.

The flip side of all that is he should be pretty cheap recruit then?

We don't win games with our current players on the field - we need to do better with recruitment and this could be a relatively low-risk signing- if the price is right.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
The flip side of all that is he should be pretty cheap recruit then?

We don't win games with our current players on the field - we need to do better with recruitment and this could be a relatively low-risk signing- if the price is right.

A very expensive recruit if he only plays one game and breaks down...... That's the problem...