• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
From what I heard Ramm has English parents. Probably helps get around foreigner quotas and immigration expenses for the club. He could be the Waratahs actual Mack Hansen. maybe someone could blame the Brumbies for letting him go if he gets an English cap?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
For those wondering why players consider playing overseas

The Waratahs said they were in discussions with Tuipulotu and were keen to keep him in sky blue. But given a base Super Rugby contract is worth $85,000 a year and the former St Kevins’ student is sitting behind Test-capped centres Lalakai Foketi and Izaia Perese, staying put could require a leap of faith.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
It’s the double whammy of not been able to offer enough cash to compete and the shortness of the Super Rugby comp also means players in the wider squad aren’t provided enough opportunity to play games.

Two options are basically earn more and play more at a higher professional standard or earn less and play the majority of your games against amateurs during the season.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Mosese has all the potential in the world and more than that is already an excellent player. Cut the Brumbies backline to pieces in a trial last year. I reckon Scotland would never regret offering the big money if he accepts. OTOH, $85,000 is nowhere near his value imo.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
OTOH, $85,000 is nowhere near his value imo.

That's the issue.

It's what an Australian team can offer to a third or fourth string centre.

So you instead decide whether you want to pay Foketi and Perese $200k a season or you want to lose one of them and pay Tuipulotu $200k a season because he's got plenty of potential.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
At least he has said he wants to play for the Wallabies. A contract upgrade might help or an agent may approach other Aus teams. Rebels could use him. Brumbies could use him at 12 as well. I'm of the belief that Perese will have a short shelf life as a Professional. I hope his Knee injury hasn't taken an edge of his speed/power because it's his main attribute.

We do have to slow down and realise he is still regarded as a back-up and were jumping because of Mack Hansen and his brother. Unfortunately we will never keep everyone. God, imagine if you were supporting Samoa & Tonga

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
nsfwbandwagon.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's not really much to say, they just look so horribly coached at the moment which is shocking.

Gleeson is the only bright spot. Seu is good too. Holloway massively missed and Hanigan toiled hard.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
There's not really much to say, they just look so horribly coached at the moment which is shocking.

Gleeson is the only bright spot. Seu is good too. Holloway massively missed and Hanigan toiled hard.

Add Jorgenson and Nawaqanitawse. And hold thoughts on Valainu for now.

Alex Ross (28)
Clunky but lots of good individual efforts. Donaldson undone by a poor passing game by Gordon. Line out organisation the biggest issue in my mind. Hooper also not at his best. A really bad time for Gamble to be injured.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Clunky but lots of good individual efforts. Donaldson undone by a poor passing game by Gordon. Line out organisation the biggest issue in my mind. Hooper also not at his best. A really bad time for Gamble to be injured.
So your saying I picked the wrong week to concentrate on his passing to try and figure out why people say it's better than McDermott?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Would help if the halves didn't fuck everything up. Gordon was absolutely dire.

I thought the rest of the pack held their own a bit until Nawaqanitawase threw that pass. Then they all closed up shop.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Clunky but lots of good individual efforts. Donaldson undone by being fucking terrible. Line out organisation the biggest issue in my mind. Hooper also not at his best. A really bad time for Gamble to be injured.
Fixed it for you. Never seen an attack with less direction.