• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
We will get him on a long deal I reckon, up to next WC. Using a debt strategy, they'll spend well over the next coupl eyears securing talent, with a clear picture of the windfalls from 2025 AND 2027.

It's the old spend money to make money - but in this case it's borrow money to make money (or at least survive until you make money!)
If my memory serves me correctly RA already borrowed $40m in 2021 against the Lions tour, take into account the disasterous two years since they have probably already wasted a chunk of the so called "windfall" , interest rates have also spiralled world wide since then, making borrowing a lot more costly

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If my memory serves me correctly Rugby Australia already borrowed $40m in 2021 against the Lions tour, take into account the disasterous two years since they have probably already wasted a chunk of the so called "windfall" , interest rates have also spiralled world wide since then, making borrowing a lot more costly

We need more Billionaires...
1699933738096.png

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If my memory serves me correctly Rugby Australia already borrowed $40m in 2021 against the Lions tour, take into account the disasterous two years since they have probably already wasted a chunk of the so called "windfall" , interest rates have also spiralled world wide since then, making borrowing a lot more costly
Oh this is not a defense of their financial dealings - I just believe they will sign Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and not miss out because 'they can't afford it'.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I literally have no memory of this bloke playing for Edinburgh o_O Games must've mostly come during international windows.

No shame in that though, Jamie Ritchie, Mish Watson and Bill Mata are a group many would be stuck behind, and that's before your other Scottish Internationals like Crosbie, Barclay, Bradbury etc. who where all around during parts of the 19-20, 20-21 and 21-22 seasons.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
This is insane.

Nawaqanitawase was a starter in the under 20s team in 2019 and has been a full time professional player with the Waratahs from age 19.

He very clearly was identified as a talented player through the pathways system and received significant opportunities from it from an early age.
Clearly, my recollection of Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)’s pathway progress isn’t as reliable as I thought it was.

:)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hey Sensitive Waratah Social media team,

Nice video on the Pre Season on Instagram.

Contents been good.

Rebels and Force have been putting up quite a bit as well.
The videographer was chosen to be the Wallabies one too for 2023, one of the few shining lights of that campaign.