• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Horrible news. Hope it turns out ok. This definitely looks like it is in the realm of whether he will play rugby again versus whether he will be available for the Reds game.

The press release is certainly circling around a potential catastrophic injury as opposed to most things we'd hear nothing about in the short term.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Important game for Edmed this weekend. His trial form wasn’t great and with no real backup, he has to take the reins and really lead his team around the park. A lot of people on this forum really talk him up. Now’s the time to prove them right and really take ownership of the team and his position for the season ahead.

I think however Edmed performs this weekend has to be tempered by the rest of the squads performance. He needs a platform up front, he needs to be serviced at the right times by Gordon and he needs his backline to be in sync. If all the other parts are working and Edmed fails to deliver then I agree he's open to criticism, but honestly from the trial I saw, it wasn't like anyone was performing where they needed to. He was playing so much deeper than he has in the past, so I'm not sure what they (the coaches/team) were going for.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Important game for Edmed this weekend. His trial form wasn’t great and with no real backup, he has to take the reins and really lead his team around the park. A lot of people on this forum really talk him up. Now’s the time to prove them right and really take ownership of the team and his position for the season ahead.
If they play the same game plan as last year, I pray for him. Forwards lost it too many times in contact and Gordon either runs himself or kicks it away. Let’s hope the trial form was a bluff and the Tahs come out firing and the ‘Redmed’ takes control.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
If they play the same game plan as last year, I pray for him. Forwards lost it too many times in contact and Gordon either runs himself or kicks it away. Let’s hope the trial form was a bluff and the Tahs come out firing and the ‘Redmed’ takes control.
Can’t play at line no chance

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
"Lalakai Foketi update. Good news. “It was an ordinary scene. It wasn’t great,” says Waratahs coach Darren Coleman. “We’re hoping the positive news will continue. He’s got full feeling.” CT scan positive, no spinal damage. MRI to determine soft tissue injury. No timeline on return. Walton to move to midfield, Jorgensen to fullback. Jack Bowen on the bench."

What a relief!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
"Lalakai Foketi update. Good news. “It was an ordinary scene. It wasn’t great,” says Waratahs coach Darren Coleman. “We’re hoping the positive news will continue. He’s got full feeling.” CT scan positive, no spinal damage. MRI to determine soft tissue injury. No timeline on return. Walton to move to midfield, Jorgensen to fullback. Jack Bowen on the bench."

What a relief!
Good news

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lucky that was just a trial game? Seriously - the back row were simply awful - imo Gamble is nowhere near a genuine #7 - Reds Back Row really showed how to play the game.

Must be some positives to take away, but struggling to find any :-(

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Attempt at positive…

Max had some good moments in attack. Stood up Flook once and set up 2nd try. Almost saved one…

Pietsch tries as hard as possible as usual. He won’t let the Tahs down.

Wilson looked sharp when he got on.