• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We have a current coach who appears to just focused on various moments of crash ball with the plan to leverage the following quick ball

The strange thing is that against the Highlanders for long minutes where we were getting over the gain line through tackles and we had nothing

We couldn't leverage the front foot ball, it was either a pick and drive or it was pass the parcel (badly and laterally) until we were cut off and the runner had to do something

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
1710903156401.png

The Marketing Pigeon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apparently Isaac Lucas is one year off Japanese eligibility and off contract end of this season - surely this is a prime target for the Tahs with the struggles at 10 we see currently

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do the Tahs have struggles at 10 though? They have great talent but just the wrong one starting (in my eyes). But one option has been injured and then other potentially still a bit raw.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Lucas back but do the Tahs really need another 10?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Apparently Isaac Lucas is one year off Japanese eligibility and off contract end of this season - surely this is a prime target for the Tahs with the struggles at 10 we see currently
I'd love to see Isaac Lucas back but if the tahs go from having Edmed, Harrison, Donaldson and Bowen all on the books last year to needing to bring another twenty something year old 10 they have royally screwed their planning and development. Even with Donaldson having gone to the force there's plenty of talent still there to work with without needing Lucas.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If Noah was to sign OS I can see a world with Lucas dominating for the Brumbies.

If the Tahs signed him which I wouldn't hate because he's a good player and you always want good players but, I think we would see Edmed and Bowen go. Silly if they didn't to be fair. You should want to play and start games.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bowen will be in the 10 jersey soon enough. Only just out of 20’s and is a terrific director of traffic and strong basics.

Besides, looking forward to the early-mid 1990’s revisited with Lynagh wearing 10 for the Reds and Bowen in 10 for the Tahs!

Never play the same position as your famous old man they say …

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If Noah was to sign OS I can see a world with Lucas dominating for the Brumbies.

If the Tahs signed him which I wouldn't hate because he's a good player and you always want good players but, I think we would see Edmed and Bowen go. Silly if they didn't to be fair. You should want to play and start games.
Even if Lolesio stays at the Brumbies, Lucas would be a great option to partner him at 15. I think it's where he has been playing most of his rugby recently anyway.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Is the Japanese League at a level where you could be confident that a 25 year old who played a handful of Super Rugby games 4 years ago, would be up to starting for the Brumbies (or any Super Rugby side)?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
For Backs I say yes. It's a skilled competition that may lack some of the Forward beat ups seen in others but plenty of talent. Especially amongst the top teams. At a prime age and fit I think he'd be fine coming back. He was playing well before he left as a very young player.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’d take Kellaway over any of those four. No ideas about Joseph. Only time I’ve seen him play was the Jnr Wallabies v Small Blacks game and he didn’t do much in that.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I've only ever seen him play a few matches in the NRL and that was at centre where he was pretty average. I will concede that he has all the physical attributes required to succeed.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think if someone had a gun to my head and I had to choose between Sua'ali'i and Marky for 2025, I'd pick Marky on the basis of certainty. However, I think Joe will succeed in rugby.

Also, Perese has been good this season but I think Kellaway can more than adequately fill that gap, as can Walton assuming Foketi comes good.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
I think if someone had a gun to my head and I had to choose between Sua'ali'i and Marky for 2025, I'd pick Marky on the basis of certainty. However, I think Joe will succeed in rugby.

Also, Perese has been good this season but I think Kellaway can more than adequately fill that gap, as can Walton assuming Foketi comes good.
Not sure about Walton no D and ordinary passing game