• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Crusaders Friday 31st May 5:40pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lindommer - I cant bring myself to watch a replay. But when you take into consideration Jackson's performance in Stormers v Blues game(from memory) in that game also he had a clear homeside-advantage-thing going... Its the small things that casue a shift in momentum and yes we can say it was substitutions (including Barnes) but pretty telling that ALL (but one try) of the Cruds points came off intervention from Jackson... Is this just chance?????

The reality is we can all roll over and pretend these things aren't happening... or as fans (and wouldn't be posting if weren't passionate) we can take a stand.

I have absolutely NO issues when beaten in a FAIR match - in fact sometimes you go away from these thinking "great game". But when referees CLEARLY determine the outcome of the game its a farce and robs the fans of their product.

I have no doubt being a rugby ref is a tough job - but at the end of the day we all do what we do because we choose to. Step up or step out.

Kiwis are notorious for bending the rules as far as they can - I see this trait creeping through their refereeing ranks.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Lindommer - I cant bring myself to watch a replay. But when you take into consideration Jackson's performance in Stormers v Blues game(from memory) in that game also he had a clear homeside-advantage-thing going. Its the small things that casue a shift in momentum and yes we can say it was substitutions (including Barnes) but pretty telling that ALL (but one try) of the Cruds points came off intervention from Jackson. Is this just chance?????

The reality is we can all roll over and pretend these things aren't happening. or as fans (and wouldn't be posting if weren't passionate) we can take a stand.

I have absolutely NO issues when beaten in a FAIR match - in fact sometimes you go away from these thinking "great game". But when referees CLEARLY determine the outcome of the game its a farce and robs the fans of their product.

I have no doubt being a rugby ref is a tough job - but at the end of the day we all do what we do because we choose to. Step up or step out.

Kiwis are notorious for bending the rules as far as they can - I see this trait creeping through their refereeing ranks.
You should put up or shut up: what is Jackson's motive for cheating?

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interestingly McKibbon made the PR S15 side of the week, I think they have a point re his replacement, but with the kms McKibbon covered he may have been blowing pretty hard
I thought the loss of the captain was the final straw for the Tahs. Cumulative effect of the rest of the subs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Motive is obvious - to assist his national teams

This is getting tiresome.

There is little correlation from Super rugby to national teams. That has been done to death.

Secondly, yes Jackson screwed up in favour of the Crusaders in that second half. Without argument. However, he didn't score the tries or beat the tackles, and he didn't leave the holes and miss the tackles. The teams on the field did. The Tahs were complicit in the Crusaders comeback, in addition to the poor reffing.

Saying that Jackson purposely made bad decisions that led to tries is a non-sequitor - how did Jackson know they would lead to tries? Read Occam's Razor.

All you are doing is again confusing incompetence with a conspiracy theory that doesn't exist, and what's more, you are providing zero evidence. Zero. Read Hanlon's Razor.

Shallow analysis of two kiwi teams, at home, getting the rub of the green from a kiwi ref. I suggest you watch some other Jackson games and you will see the mistakes he makes are present in those games, too.

If you wish to keep making such claims of cheat, you either go to the effort to find some decent statistical proof, or you shut up on it. That's it.

I understand that you've been warned on this already, you'd be best to let it go.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Motive is obvious - to assist his national teams
Why?
The better his national teams do the less likely he is to ever get a finals game and he can not ref his own national team.
So, on your theory, he runs the gauntlet of someone as perceptive as you cottoning on to his cheating ways just so NZ can win another super title?
After he is exposed, of course, he will be drummed out of the game and be persona not grata at rugby venues around the world.
A glaringly improbable state of affairs.
Otherwise, what Ash said!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Despite all the talk of Glen Jackson's influence on the game, or lack thereof, Tahs still had a chance to win with the Barnes kick.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A brief but stellar appearance of Redsman on these threads.

Bairdy, if only.......

It was ours for the taking, and we were the mugs who couldn't take advantage of the opportunity presented.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I reckon Redman is actually an up and coming NZ ref who cannot get a higher gig and so he hatched a plan to undermine Jackson in the hope that he would be called in when The NZ Herald finally "broke" the scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.