• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is like the old B&H world series cricket when the Poms, and Windies were over here in the 80's. Some interesting and somewhat improbable circumstances during the Perth Double Headers were often required for us to make the finals. We always did.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What a surprise, who would ever have thought the Tahs might go down by a few points?
I pray the bookies will give the Tards 6 1/2 points start next week.

They must be the most consistent side in the history of the comp.Shame they are consistently one try short though.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Before tonight I really doubted Deans' decision to play TPN over Moore, but he proved himself tonight in my eyes. Had a great game, really strong effective ball carries and the lineout throwing wasn't too shabby either.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Still don't like TPN's "javelin" type tackles where he launches himself at full stretch at the ball carrier. High risk tackle that is often ineffective.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I agree, but you've got to take the good with the bad I guess. You've got to take Quade/Beale/O'Connor effortlessly putting a man/himself into space with Quade/Beale/O'Connor needlessly chip kicking the ball away.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Back home after turning up at Homebush, sucking on a 2004 Tenuta Rocca Langhe Rosso Ornati, AND IT'S NOT MAKING ME FEEL ANY BETTER! Have the Tahs backs met just this afternoon? WTF can't professional rugby players pass the pill from one to another so's the receiver catches it? WTF can't professional rugby players pass the pill to someone who's in a position to catch it? Hint: he's supposed to be wearing a blue jumper, not an orange one. I was with the Brumbies group behind the northern goalposts, throw the ball to me you gimps, I assure you I'll catch the bloody thing. And to rub salt into my wounds my companion was a Brumbies supporter from Tumbarumba! Bit difficult to give cheek when she's 6'1" and makes outstanding wine.

In some ways I feel sorry for Axle Foley. He's a good forwards coach, as shown by his performance at the Tahs these last three years and the Wallabies prior to that, the set pieces are steady, breakdown work's good, but the backs? Fucking hopeless! One could mount a convincing argument for bringing Cheika in as head coach supported by Foley with the pigs and a couple of new assisants to run the backs and the strength and conditioning program. Did Foley have to take the assistants Waratahs Rugby foisted on him? If there are two areas which have let the Tahs down this year it'd have to be backs and fitness. And they're both relatively easily fixable.

Rant over, I'm going to bed for a good cry.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't know, Moore was also very impressive, and TPN did crock a couple of throws I thought.

Moore offers something a little different, but he also carried the ball well. Moore is a better thrower and more effective at ruck time, so it depends on what you want for the team. How Moore got away with murdering some of the Tahs ball at ruck time I will never know.

A human missile or a more well rounded player? What do the Wobs lack?

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Hard to say no to TPN on current form, he adds so much ball in hand, and is playing generally well, I'd lean to him first 50, then Moore but you could go the other way too and have tpn as an impact player...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
couple? It was 15-1 won on own throw to the Tahs and 8-0 for the Brumbies.

It's really not as bad as some make out. Plus TPN is the stronger scrummager.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I understand the Moore TPN confusion, but my two bob's worth is that TPN is a show pony going for the starry stuff all the time. Don't get me wrong: his skill level is quite exceptional but he seems mentally all over the shop. He doesn't seem to have matured as a player since he came in as a star from the under 20's. I'm not criticising him personally: the work he does for the game off the field is exemplary.

Also the Waratahs simply have nothing on with the ball in hand. No attacking pattern is a coaching error.

This complete bullshit about strength and conditioning is laughable. How did the Waratahs players manage to last 80 minutes in the Wallaby jersey? What the hell is in the Waratah jersey? Kryptonite.

The Brumbies were bashed by the Tahs tonight. They need to stand up in the tight five if they are to go any further. Incredibly stupid decision to drag Palmer and put whatshisname into tight head, you dragged the wrong bloke Jake.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It says TPN is stronger than his replacement, not necessarily Moore.

Personally I regard both as good scrummagers and don't think there is much there.

Status
Not open for further replies.