• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, round 6, Sunday 22 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
you'd be one a very few who rate To'omua's attack as an individual and in organising and assisting the team attack as better than Foley. And the fact is over the last two seasons the statistics wouldn't support that view either.

Agreed.

As a 10, To'omua isn't a standout player, he's on par with the average of our Super level 10's.

Steps up significantly at 12, where his strengths suit the position: Smashing people, running hard and THEN looking for the option.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Agreed.

As a 10, To'omua isn't a standout player, he's on par with the average of our Super level 10's.

Steps up significantly at 12, where his strengths suit the position: Smashing people, running hard and THEN looking for the option.

I see him as the defensive leader in the Brumbies backline set up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Agreed.

Tend to agree there. He's got the raw materials for 10 but he plays better at 12. Lilo is the opposite.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So WTF don't the Brumbies brains trust try Lilo at 10 and To'omua at 12? :confused:
I agree, but I think it's for one reason, and it's that the Brumbies line speed in defence is based all of To'omua at 10.

It's not like Lilo and To'omua don't swap between 10 and 12.. But I think Lilo really needs to run the show to bring his best talent out. Maybe the old on attack To'omua at 12 on Defence in 10 is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.