• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, Friday 12th April, in Sydney

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stupid NSFW.

You have ONE job to do.

silver-silversqueeze-wallstreetsilver-money.gif

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Players unavailable for selection:

• David Porecki - Achillies (TBC)
  • Thomas Lambert - Knee (Season)
  • Archer Holz - Shoulder (TBC)
  • Mesu Kunavula – Knee (Season)
  • Ned Slack-Smith - Concussion (TBC)
  • Daniel Botha - Achillies (Season)
  • Mahe Vailanu - Knee (Season)
  • Angus Bell - Toe (Season)
So Botha ruled out for the season now, (I think he had been TBC?) and Nawaqanitawase seems to be dropped.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
9Tzi8ywRz924XE3uHaD6DZ3Ef+IdbOiYlvIROR5vlqUeRrexTocZGobKRJ9od_gnk3B_CeKTmTAsIjj6Q0YaYW_lzeQy2...jpeg

Crusaders: Chay Fihaki, Sevu Reece, Levi Aumua, Dallas McLeod, Johnny McNicholl, Riley Hohepa, Noah Hotham, Cullen Grace, Tom Christie (capt), Ethan Blackadder, Jamie Hannah, Quinten Strange, Fletcher Newell, George Bell, George Bower. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Joe Moody, Owen Franks, Dom Gardiner, Christian Lio-Willie, Mitchell Drummond, Rivez Reihana, Macca Springer.

Fergus Burke now has a calf injury that will keep him out for another two weeks :(

Last edited:

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
If the Tahs can be competitive in the scrums this season it will be a miracle. We're missing our first and second choice LHP, first and second choice hooker, and second choice THP!! It looks like a front row genocide.
That aside, good to see Hanigan and Gleeson back in the side. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) being left out probably is a bit of a surprise, having said that he's looked pretty lost this year, his defence has been as soft as ever and I think both Peitsch and Reilly have displayed better form.
I'm looking forward to seeing Harrison start, but I can understand him still coming off the bench, as much he sparked last weekend when he came on he also showed signs that he isn't quite back yet.
I'm pretty sure our season's gone, but gee it would be good to notch up a couple of wins.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Always telling when you have to google bench players? Lewis Ponini?

edit: in 2020 he was playing for Canterbury in the Mitre 10 Cup

Nawaqanitawase has been average for most of the season

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Ned Slack-Smith's ongoing concussion issue must be a concern. But great to see Gleeson and Hanigan back.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Once again following the trouncing by the Brumbies the only three players to have been demoted or dropped are Fergus Lee-Warner, Teddy Wilson and Mark Nawaqanitawase. I have supported Coleman up till now but this is a bridge too far.

Clearly the Wilson brothers, Jack Bowen and Mosese Tuipulotu are being lined up to be unloaded at the end of the year. We'll go into next year with a new coach almost certainly but instead of being able to have Teddy Wilson and Jack Bowen to bring on we will have Tane Edmed and Jack Grant. Tuipulotu will now head for Scotland (who can blame him) and Harry Wilson will maybe head back to Shute or retire and get a proper job.

That is totally disheartening to me and no doubt to them. Every time Teddy Wilson has come on he has looked a class above Jake Gordon. Sure, Jake has been good at picking up intercepts and other scraps, but his fundamental task is to clear the ball fast and accurately from the scrum and the ruck. Instead, he has box kicked away most of our possession in the hope that someone from the opposition would drop it cold. From the last two weeks it is clear that Harrison is a better alternative than Edmed. But no, we start Edmed again because his last game against the Crusaders in round 2 was good. We haven't won since. We give Grant another go off the bench because his last game two weeks ago was such a ripper (not).

Meanwhile our potential future backline gets to play Shute while journeymen get rewarded. But what do I know?

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
Once again following the trouncing by the Brumbies the only three players to have been demoted or dropped are Fergus Lee-Warner, Teddy Wilson and Mark Nawaqanitawase. I have supported Coleman up till now but this is a bridge too far.

Clearly the Wilson brothers, Jack Bowen and Mosese Tuipulotu are being lined up to be unloaded at the end of the year. We'll go into next year with a new coach almost certainly but instead of being able to have Teddy Wilson and Jack Bowen to bring on we will have Tane Edmed and Jack Grant. Tuipulotu will now head for Scotland (who can blame him) and Harry Wilson will maybe head back to Shute or retire and get a proper job.

That is totally disheartening to me and no doubt to them. Every time Teddy Wilson has come on he has looked a class above Jake Gordon. Sure, Jake has been good at picking up intercepts and other scraps, but his fundamental task is to clear the ball fast and accurately from the scrum and the ruck. Instead, he has box kicked away most of our possession in the hope that someone from the opposition would drop it cold. From the last two weeks it is clear that Harrison is a better alternative than Edmed. But no, we start Edmed again because his last game against the Crusaders in round 2 was good. We haven't won since. We give Grant another go off the bench because his last game two weeks ago was such a ripper (not).

Meanwhile our potential future backline gets to play Shute while journeymen get rewarded. But what do I know?
Wasn’t Edmed being talked up on this thread as the Wallaby 10 only weeks ago?
Coleman has lost the plot.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tuipulotu will now head for Scotland (who can blame him) and Harry Wilson will maybe head back to Shute or retire and get a proper job.
Something substantial has changed in the past 10 weeks or so if that's the case. Sione was suggesting that conversations were much more positive with Ottavio than they were with Mo' Pre 6 Nations.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) being left out probably is a bit of a surprise, having said that he's looked pretty lost this year, his defence has been as soft as ever and I think both Peitsch and Reilly have displayed better form.
He looks like he is more focused on the NRL than in Waratahs. We need players right here, right now

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Always telling when you have to google bench players? Lewis Ponini?

edit: in 2020 he was playing for Canterbury in the Mitre 10 Cup
Is he eligible? 3 good games and straight to the Wallabies. That's how low the bar is