• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders Sun 6th July @ the SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Firstly, I'm pissed off because of my planned trip away perhaps not getting back into town in time for the game. Working on it - outcome TBA.

The weather forecast for this week has Sunny right through until Saturday, where showers may emerge and then Sunday will be windy with 70% chance of showers. Hopefully the weather man is proven wrong and its glorious 18C sunshine for afternoon footy. But then, its winter so you take what you can get, and I'd like to think that the rugby "fans" can get there with a beanie and jacket on if the poor widdle diddums can handle it to support their fucking TEAM. Yes I know that I might not be one of them, but a 30K+ gate would be enormously helpful, and I've been to a lot of home games this year.

The Clan scare shit right out of me for different reasons than most teams. Their forward pack is solid and hard working, but look at their fucking backline!

Smith, Smith, Fekitoa, Osborne are standouts, while Treeby and Buckman are very handy units as well. Then there's the small (pun) matter of the Japanese international on the bench, as well as a great player in Parker and the redoubtable Burleigh to come on in the last quarter or through injury.

Counterattack will be murder for both teams, but at least we should get a good game of footy.

I'm expecting Cheik to go straight swap with Hoiles for Dennis, but then he might just shift JacPot to 6 and start with Skelton in order to get Cutch onto the bench.

It depends where Chapman is at in terms of recovery I suppose. He's the natural lock replacement and can play a bit of back row though his pace might not be back yet.

I'd like to think that the Tahs can win this with a bonus point and pretty much cement top stop on the ladder. I'd also like to think I can get back from the Hunter Valley in time for kick off...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another huge game for both teams at the pointy end of the season.

A win guarantees the Tahs a top 2 finish whilst a win for the Highlanders would guarantee them a finals spot.

I expect we'll see Hoiles start for Dennis and potentially Chapman onto the bench to bolster the lineout.

Could also see a leftfield choice of having Tala Gray start at number 8 to give Cliffy a bit of a rest after a massive 80 minute performance. Clearly this is a crucial game but if there is any concern about Cliffy they need to tread carefully.

I expect Naiyaravaro will be on the bench for the remaining two games so he is availabe in the finals if needed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
so apart from dennis, and possibly bread, any other injury concerns?

Carraro is out for the season apparently.

I think Alofa is fine. He's had the heavy strapping on his knee since he got injured in the match prior to the South Africa tour.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
an FYI for anyone taking kids. A GA family ticket is $55. Bargain, yes. But if you enter the promo code FAMILY you can get a silver Family ticket for $40. No excuse not to go.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We've got Steve Walsh again for this match.

George Ayoub is the TMO so there's the possibility that between Walsh and Ayoub there may be some sort of TMO space time paradox that destroys the fabric of the universe.

Andrew Lees and Ed Martin are the assistants.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't mind Walsh. Most refs would have left their card in the pocket last weekend to give the poor Brumbies a chance. That he didn't spoke volumes. I would have done it sooner but I do have a slight Tahs bias.

If its just Carraro, Dennis and Hodge I can live with that but Rugby Gods NO MORE PLEASE!!!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
an FYI for anyone taking kids. A GA family ticket is $55. Bargain, yes. But if you enter the promo code FAMILY you can get a silver Family ticket for $40. No excuse not to go.

Family Day activities from 2pm also.

10491272_10152285263067144_889859402315847533_n.jpg

If its just Carraro, Dennis and Hodge I can live with that but Rugby Gods NO MORE PLEASE!!!

Don't forget Betham is part of Team Rehab too.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Firstly, I'm pissed off because of my planned trip away perhaps not getting back into town in time for the game. Working on it - outcome TBA.

I'd like to think that the Tahs can win this with a bonus point and pretty much cement top stop on the ladder. I'd also like to think I can get back from the Hunter Valley in time for kick off.

A quick trip into Peterson's Champagne house might help on the way out of Pokolbin.

Will be there with the usual crowd. Hoping to cheer in a win and a home final at Allianz. I have no problem filling NSW Rugby's coffers with my ticket cost for a home semi (and final..)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hoiles into the starting side to replace Dennis.

Don't think there are any other changes. Not announced yet who will come onto the bench.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I still expect Chapman to eventually start once he's played more, Hoiles will be calling the lineout but Chapman is the better jumper which will be needed to replace Dennis who takes by far the majority of lineouts.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Shaping up as the match of the round. Should be good with two top notch backlines going at each other. Think the Tahs will have the edge in the forwards, so tipping a Tahs' win.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I still expect Chapman to eventually start once he's played more, Hoiles will be calling the lineout but Chapman is the better jumper which will be needed to replace Dennis who takes by far the majority of lineouts.

It will be interesting to see how Hoiles goes this week. To my mind he offers a lot more round the ground than Chapman and against the Highlanders the lineout might be OK. Where I am worried is that the crucial Reds game will be a real contest against one of the best lineouts in the comp. Maybe Chapman will have to start there, although I would still pick Hoiles if he goes well this week.

Not a particularly easy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.