• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders - Super Rugby round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tahs scrum looked good.

Having said that Highlanders are winning the battle of the breakdown.

Lovely stepping from Kingston after that Tahs scrum (about 30min in)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The 10/12 channel in that blues game was a liability. Hangers especially.

Why is playing with width, something that has been talked about as a tactic due to the Highlanders narrow defense instantly an illustration of foley conceding the forward battle. Shouldn't the plan be to win the forwards and play wide?
Yeah, conceding is the forward battle is not the correct description, it is hard to go wide behind a beaten pack in any event. But playing to the edges is easier with BB at 12 than Carter

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. McCutcheon is no 7 and is no good. Great bloke though, Joeys old boy, and good chops. I suppose that makes up for the deficiencies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
He just put on a pretty good hit though, some more of those would be nice. It is quite amazing the highlanders havent had another try.

Small victory to the Tahs to still be ahead all things considering. Expect the Highlanders to win it in the second half if they take their opportunities & if both teams come out with much the same intent again as the first half.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Labeling bryce lawrence a shithouse ref doesn't do justice to how bad he is at times.
Anyone else notice that he gave advantage for not releasing, then called back play for a different penalty altogether? (might have been going off feet.)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm happy to be proved wrong after watching a replay of the game under closer scrutiny but so far I'm giving Bryce a pass mark.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The highlanders breakdown play is employing someone coming in from the side every second ruck, there actual pushing diagonally, last week I thought they did so less but still saw it but tonight they are deploying it constantly. Hopefully the Tahs have a word to he ref at halftime. The Highlanders don't need to do it, there strong enough to meet head on.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Landers dominating except on the scoreboard

HUR-TAH.jpg

Lior

Herbert Moran (7)
Lawrence has been okay, but he is killing the contest at the breakdown. Both teams afraid to contest it due to his pedantic style of reffing. Phil Waugh is in the stand cringing I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.