• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes, round 16, 9 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Pollock is desperate to find any possible infraction by one team. Not overly concerned by the other. That said, the Tahs are playing some pretty loose footy, and the Canes look frequently dangerous.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
ridiculous reffing goes both ways. Foley fell into him a fracture of a second before the tackle, the only way Halaholo could have prevented that would have been by not standing there.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Couple of dodgy maul decisions and a dodgy yellow card, nothing for the dodgy crowd to boo about. Sydney crowds are a shocker.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's a miracle. Although he tried to blame Foley for falling into the swinging arm.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Couple of dodgy maul decisions and a dodgy yellow card, nothing for the dodgy crowd to boo about. Sydney crowds are a shocker.

That's dodgy? You're having a laugh, chum. Only arm involved was swinging at Foley's head.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wouldn't have been swinging at his head if Foley wasn't going down. Would have been a tackle.

I'm not sure the Laws allow for tackling the player's head because it was 30cm lower than expected. Plus he swung his arm at it. It's reckless at least.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Pollock is having a barry - he's forgotten who knocked on in goal and then he nearly forgot that the yellow card entitled the Tahs to a penalty in front of the sticks instead of the one near touch for the collapsed maul.
As for the high tackle, right or wrong, you're somehow supposed to pull out of those if the guy is falling.....even if you're a kiwi.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Its a weak yellow. If Foley hadn't slipped an instant before contact there would not have been an issue. Its not like he was aiming high.
I am interested to see if Skelton continues his cheap shots at the ruck. He will be getting a bit tired now and arriving later than usual.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm not sure the Laws allow for tackling the player's head because it was 30cm lower than expected. Plus he swung his arm at it. It's reckless at least.

Tripping over your own feet into contact is reckless. Haha. Of course no other decision was going to be made, just one of those things I guess.

'Clearing' players out on the ground is just as reckless, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.