• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v. Kings Round 12 Sunday 1am EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh god that music. Must be torture for the Canes alone more than a rolling maul is at the moment

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Has Folau ever been dominated in the tackle? He always wins the collision and can get the offload off.

He's playing as good as SBW was for the Chiefs or maybe better and he's only played 10 games.

Have the Folau doubters seen enough yet?

Does anyone out there think that Berrick Barnes could have done what Folau did tonight?

Loved the fact that he said he wants to stay long term. He looks like hes' enjoying and he's going to be earning big bucks if he stays. Why wouldn't he?

T

TOCC

Has Folau ever been dominated in the tackle? He always wins the collision and can get the offload off.

He's playing as good as SBW was for the Chiefs or maybe better and he's only played 10 games.

Lol the Izzy man love has shot to new heights.

Yes he has been dominated in a tackle, heck I think one of those was even by Quade cooper

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Holy shit boys. Congratulations.

I had jobs to do, but I just saw the score line. Looks like I better watch it instead.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We got a few lucky calls in that game, but gee, they kept at it; and worked hard to create options and support

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When it was announced that the Kings were in the competition, many pundits were predicting scorelines like this for all Kings games.

Their initial results were pleasantly surprising.

Is this their turning point, and will they be living down to early expectations from here on?

The Tahs were good tonight, but in many respects they simply took advantage of opportunities offered by the poor defence of the Kings. Some good play by the Tahs and some woeful play from the Kings resulted in a bit of a perfect storm for the Scoreboard attendant.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Watching the replay now - Folau has been good, but Foley really continues to impress with his development. Sure, the Kings had some bad lapses, but the Waratahs have stuck to the plan well and finished opportunities well. I'm sure a lot of people will place an asterisk against the win, because it's the Tahs and was against the Kings, but what else can they do but perform against the opposition on the day. And the Kings have been a tough defence in other games.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Kings defence was woeful, that said for 80 minutes our attacking structures were really good as was our scrum. Folau was very impressive as was Foley both continue to get better each week. Hopefully we can back all this up against the Stormers next week.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Kings defence was woeful, that said for 80 minutes our attacking structures were really good as was our scrum. Folau was very impressive as was Foley both continue to get better each week. Hopefully we can back all this up against the Stormers next week.

Kings have used that defense against a lot of other teams and been pretty successful. It wasn't woeful, it just didn't work against the Tahs who are starting to play the sort of rugby Cyril Towers would have been proud of. Against a team who run at you with lots of runners and angles, you cannot afford to try and suck them in with a passive defense, you have to put them under pressure so they don't have time to set up multi options. I would think that sort of defense would work quite well against a team like the Stormers, because they don't play with the same variety that the Tahs now do.

It shits me to tears that we could have played like that for the last couple of years, we had the cattle, just coaches who had absolutely no clue how to make an attack work. Last night was pretty to watch - some of the backline work was just breathtaking.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How good is it that the vast majority of the tries were scored by players with double digits on their backs?

That is how rugby is supposed to be played. Pretty Boys scoring tries with the fatties doing all the work to make it easy for them to stroll over tryline untouched with the wind flowing through their golden locks.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Kings have used that defense against a lot of other teams and been pretty successful. .

I seem to remember they came up off the line very aggressively against the Brumbies and got in their face a lot? TBH I haven't seen a lot of them this year so trying to wrack my brains on how they have defended. They seemed to just be very passive and their first up tackling was really poor. Shouldn't take anything away from how well the Tahs attack played, you can only play whats in front of you. Also was delighted with how hard we worked when they had the ball, when your 40 points ahead it must be easy to just switch off and allow some soft tries but the discipline and work rate was top notch.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Foley has been the best 10 this season. He wont get wallabies this year which is fair enough, but maybe next year or 2015... He is just a class act.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The one thing that struck me was the quality of the basic skills- passes all out in front of the man and hardly any dropped balls. We weren't forcing 50/50 offloads, and support play at the ruck was outstanding.

The Kings poor defence was certainly a factor, but we never gave them a look-in. It was an outstanding display.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Just pressed the 'Keep' button the IQ. If the Tahs ever return to playing the M. Foley style of play I'm going to watch this to cheer me up.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
It shits me to tears that we could have played like that for the last couple of years, we had the cattle, just coaches who had absolutely no clue how to make an attack work. Last night was pretty to watch - some of the backline work was just breathtaking.

Mind you there wasn't a certain Berrick Barnes in the lineup last night stifling the attack, which has been a feature of the last couple of years.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A little disappointed that we didn't get to see any Willy Skelton on the Saffer tour, if for nothing else to see for myself how big the lad actually is, and where he is at in terms of fitness and skillset.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I wouldn't get too carried away, Kings were woeful against Bulls and Cheetahs, they're getting worse and worse. I suspect a couple more teams will beat them by 50+

I don't know, that was a great game to watch. Well done Tahs. They just put on a cricket score against the Kings in their own back yard, when the Brumbies couldn't even beat them by 1 point with home ground advantage!

Hope the Tahs keep it up, just not when they play the Reds.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
The Kings look good in their new Blue strip. Told you the Tah's stood no chance. Was all about damage control

Richo

John Thornett (49)
While these Kings weren't close to the same side that drew with the Brumbies, 72 points is still awesome. Watched it with a massive hangover and felt much better afterwards.

Foley is great with the ball in hand, but his kicking in general play is problematic. Another penalty not out, too. He's a talent, but if he's going to play flyhalf long term he needs to at least develop an average kicking game.

I'm really impressed with Cam Crawford. Big, strong, skilled and a slid boot. He's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.