• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rd 18 Sat 13th June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

What ever Graham said at half time worked a treat..

I think he said "go out and win it for me boys". Interesting to see where Graham ends up coaching wise and what the Reds will look like next year. Does anyone think JOC (James O'Connor) warrents WC selection?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Feel sorry for the Highlanders. Actually finished 2nd.
Beat both the Waratahs and Stormers on points, but are relegated to 4th.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just home from the match. First half was as bad a 40 minutes of rugby as you'll see at the professional level. Waratahs picked it up in the second half and deserved winners.

Referee was very ordinary, you'd think they'd give a game like that to one of the better referees.

Waratahs need to dispense with the system where the crowds votes for the man of the match. Embarrasing that Foley announced - a very ordinary game from him.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Max Uechtritz@plesbilongmi
59m59 minutes ago

Max Uechtritz retweeted Kate Wall
Worst coach in Qld history
Max Uechtritz added,
Kate Wall @TheKateWall
I will not be renewing my Reds membership if Richard Graham is allowed to destroy the Reds team again next season! #WARvRED #superrugby

4 retweets1 favorite
Retweet4
Favorite1
Follow
More

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I didn't think the first half was that bad, was really committed, physical defence from both sides. Put the playmakers under pressure, and mistakes came.

Tahs gradually got on top thanks to their big forward runners. Carraro was also good at 12, silenced Kerevi completely.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hey Tahs supporters, who is that girl? (The left)

tahs_day.jpg

I'm in love :D

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
That's just BS: two guys contesting the ball in the air, one hits the deck so the other gets pinged? All in favour of protecting the guy who's airborne but when both are contesting someone's gotta come off second-best so why ping the other guy? Rubbish call.

That's what I thought when I saw this at the game.

Went home, put the replay on. You can clearly see that the Reds player is looking at Folau in the lead up to the jump. As he sees Folau take off for the ball, he makes a token effort to jump into Folau with his arms up. He also looks up to when Folau is jumping so as to make it seem like he is looking at the ball.

In other words, the Reds player has no idea where the ball is and is not genuinely contesting the ball. Definitely a penalty.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The best examples of the difference in the coaching of the two sides was McKibbon's, Pot's & Dennis's tries. In the lead up to each of them, Foley had running options in motion on the inside and out to create doubt in the defender's minds.

Cooper had someone static on the outside

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tahs got on top thanks to one of our best cover defenders being binned for 10.

Could have been a bit about the pressure being exerted as well ;)

He was well offside with the Tahs in the red zone hot on attack with the Reds back peddling, actually if he was back peddling quicker, he wouldn't have ended in the bin

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thompson was taking that very Crusaderesque interfering line around our rucks wherever he had the chance. It happened earlier in the game and then he did it in the red zone. No sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.