• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs. Fri April 22, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Who's going off at whom? And for what reason(s)?

Who's complaining? And for what reason(s)?
Plenty of social media, kiwis (and some aussies) with a theme of how RA stuffed this event and the promotion of it, why wasn't it in a "real" rugby city and why did the kiwi teams have to give up their home games for an Australian super round.

To be clear that wasn't directed at any of the gagr local kiwis, just about broader sentiment that I've picked up.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Social Media, eh. So nothing worth giving the time of day.
It's a good bit of noise and it doesn't take much for it to bleed into the New Zealand commentary - it'll be interesting to see if Kirwan has a rant about it this week. Also, I don't think people have realised that it's a 2 year deal for Melbourne, so the complaints will probably all kick off again next year when that's announced.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's a good bit of noise and it doesn't take much for it to bleed into the New Zealand commentary - it'll be interesting to see if Kirwan has a rant about it this week. Also, I don't think people have realised that it's a 2 year deal for Melbourne, so the complaints will probably all kick off again next year when that's announced.
Sorry to disappoint you Wilson, Kirwan said bugger all about it, rather they were getting stucl in about the lack of crowds and wondering if it because of the cards etc, qualty of rugby, going on. I said in another post Aussie mate that was down there commented how little advertising, but haven't seen anything about it on any complaints about it being there on Silver Fern or other rugby sites. Actually haven't heard anyone even comment against it being held in Melbourne from anyone over here anywhere.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Bell’s red card dismissed
this is just another example of how the officialdom are screwing the game.

Between the referees being selective, ref and TMO not agreeing, the assistant referees vying for airtime, and the judiciary being inconsistent how the hell does the game get out of the doldrums?

Status
Not open for further replies.