• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How does that happen?
My tickets on Saturday night were better than the seasons when I was a member.

Who knows. To be fair though, the allocation that was one bay closer to halfway was also closer to the fence... I'm happy being a bit further up for more elevation (row 25 vs row 6).

We've got 7 members seats in a row though so I can understand it's not simple to slot us in somewhere every time.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Who knows. To be fair though, the allocation that was one bay closer to halfway was also closer to the fence... I'm happy being a bit further up for more elevation (row 25 vs row 6).

We've got 7 members seats in a row though so I can understand it's not simple to slot us in somewhere every time.

Mine's directly comparable though - 4 as a member vs 4 bought on about Wednesday.
I should have been punished for disloyalty.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
45 minutes till my code would work. Worst 45 minutes of my life. Rang ticketek, waratahs; no one would answer. Obviously totally jammed switchboards.

Yep. I got through to Ticketek eventually, after fighting their brilliant speech recognition system - no joke, this was the exchange:

"What event are you interested in?"
"Super Rugby Final."
"Did you mean "Pseudo Echo?"
"No"
"Waratahs"
"I'm sorry, I don't recognise that. What event were you interested in?"
"WARATAHS"
"SUPER RUGBY"
"Did you mean "C-Bus Super?"
"NO"

And so on for a few more rounds before it reprimanded me for exceeding my maximum number of attempts and put me into the queue for human assistance. Now that their website seems to work properly quite frequently, they must have decided they needed a new system for infuriating their customers.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep. I got through to Ticketek eventually, after fighting their brilliant speech recognition system - no joke, this was the exchange:

"Super Rugby Final."
"No"
"Waratahs"
"WARATAHS"
"SUPER RUGBY"
"NO"

And so on for a few more rounds before it reprimanded me for exceeding my maximum number of attempts and put me into the queue for human assistance. Now that their website seems to work properly quite frequently, they must have decided they needed a new system for infuriating their customers.

The problems obvious.
I you were asking for tickets to Pseudo Echo you'd have to be old enough to cash out your super

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I believe the ticketing problem was caused by a computer glitch. It wasn't able to reconcile Warratahs & Final in the search parameters and it basically shat itself :D

Bastard!

Saturday will be good for a whole pile of reasons, including getting some monkeys off our back.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I believe the ticketing problem was caused by a computer glitch. It wasn't able to reconcile Warratahs & Final in the search parameters and it basically shat itself :D

Yeah how's your off-season going now you're two weeks into it? :cool:

So tried the password - reckon they stuffed up the loading of the 2nd release passwords which prevented allocation. After that it got messy as all the traffic backed up. Damn shame as it worked sweetly last week. Someone will get a written warning.

Anyway, right as I'm in the middle of that the wife rings, one of the kids is sick and one of us has to go get her. Figure I'm closer, I'll do it, and ticketek will take about half an hour to sort passwords.

Get home, password now working, but only place I could get 4 x Platinum was up in 412. If I dropped to 3 x Platinum I could get 111 or 405. Threw a few back until I got the best I could and THEN the payment gateway refused to go through. Kept telling me to review the total amount WHICH I FUCKING WELL DID YOU SHOWER OF USELESS BASTARDS!

Fate has conspired to fist me right up to the small intestine, but I shall persevere.

Anyway, ended up calling the Special Needs line and going that way because the main call centre line was jammed. Only 412 left by that stage in Platinum, so bought Gold, and am sitting right across the aisle from 111.

Aisle 112
Row 16

Give us a shout if you're in the area.

M

Moono75

Bastard!

Saturday will be good for a whole pile of reasons, including getting some monkeys off our back.

At least you have the problem of having a final to think about.....unlike us ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Whats the drainage like at Allianz?

I reckon half of the Tahs problem on Saturday was the Brumbies strangling game plan and half how heavy it looked under foot.

Be nice to see Izzy, Kutrley and Bread get a chance on a dry, fast track.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whats the drainage like at Allianz?

I reckon half of the Tahs problem on Saturday was the Brumbies strangling game plan and half how heavy it looked under foot.

Be nice to see Izzy, Kutrley and Bread get a chance on a dry, fast track.

All the surfaces on this side of the continent are crap by this time of year.
The answer seems to be a re-sod after state of origin which is fine for the wrestling code but SFS was getting damaged at scrum time - not as badly as Millennium Stadium: why can't we have the Fosyth Barr solution?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
God I hope the 'Tahs can do this. but at the same time I have this nagging feeling that if the Brumbies could choke us for territory then the Crusaders will find it pretty easy too, only they'll be far more dangerous with the field position.

The boys have been awesome all season, but the Crusaders just have so many weapons. Still, can't wait to go and I seriously hope Sydney manages to fill the stadium!

Every week is a different game. Against the Highlanders we killed them with power and precision, against the Reds we were clinical, against the Brumbies it was "they shall not pass". What did they have in common? We won by about 20 points.

We also won't have Peyper, a referee who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Most of his active decisions were technically correct, even if sometimes he chose insignificant issues to penalise. It was what he didn't penalise that cruelled the game. Not one offside penalty the whole match to try to open up the play. Open season at the ruck didn't let the game flow.

It'll be Walsh or Joubers I reckon - Walsh would be best and a resident in both camps, but I think Joubers will be given the plum because of his "impartiality". He's got a better feel for what's important than Peyper but he does tend to put away the whistle for the big occasion, to the detriment of the game.

The Crusaders have all their big guns back but I don't think they have played well enough all season to worry us. Not one performance in the regular season stood out for quality, though I haven't yet watched my tape of the semi. Their backs have been decidedly average and Carter and Nadolo aside still look average. I don't see Crotty's value at all; AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will own him. I don't agree about the "so many weapons" I reckon that the 2005 and 2008 Crusader teams would belt them.

What has made the Waratahs so good this year is the number of players who have looked like Champions. Early on I said "Horne's not a winger". Silly me. I wouldn't swap him for Nadolo right now, he's playing fantastic. Fat Cat was (finally) very good Saturday and he's been a weakness most of the season. Hoiles replaced Dennis in his role and he's back to his best Wallaby form. Cliffy's been massive. Beale has been wonderful in a position that everybody said didn't suit him. I could go on.

This has been a great team all season, even in the losses to the Blues and Force I thought we were the better team, just without the luck. There's always nervousness but I was more nervous about the Brumby game than I will be about the Crusaders. I just don't think they will be able to handle our power game.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
There's a bit of nervous energy floating around - don't forget this same Tahs side went to Christchurch last season and played sensationally, unfortunately losing by just 1 point. This was in the first season of the new Cheika regime and since then, they've developed his trademark ruthless streak and real backbone.

I'm pumped for the game and really hope the fans descend on ANZ Stadium in the thousands. Despite the fact it's not at the preferred Allianz, the team and rugby in general deserve a decent crowd. Let's hope we crack the 60,000 mark and the Tahs can put the icing on the cake.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Went through every teams Away Wins/Home losses a moment ago, here're the results;

Tahs 8 Home Wins/4 Away Wins/0 Home losses
Saders 5 Home Wins/6 Away Wins/3 Home losses
The Reds and Rebels racked up the most home losses, five, followed by the Cheetahs and Saders on three. The Reds' crap season is best exemplified by the fact they lost to all four Oz teams at Suncorp!

Of the others the Bulls make interesting reading: 7 Home wins/1 Home Draw/0 Away Wins

The Tahs and the Bulls were the only teams not to lose a home match this year. You've gotta wine yer home games in this comp, the Saders've done bloody well to get to the final after suffering up three home losses.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Every week is a different game. Against the Highlanders we killed them with power and precision, against the Reds we were clinical, against the Brumbies it was "they shall not pass". What did they have in common? We won by about 20 points.

We also won't have Peyper, a referee who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Most of his active decisions were technically correct, even if sometimes he chose insignificant issues to penalise. It was what he didn't penalise that cruelled the game. Not one offside penalty the whole match to try to open up the play. Open season at the ruck didn't let the game flow.

Very true - Peyper was a pox on the match, and I'm incredibly relieved to hear he'll be no where near the final. He also missed a fair few skewed Brumbies line-out throws (no bias in my view on this :D ).

The Crusaders have all their big guns back but I don't think they have played well enough all season to worry us. Not one performance in the regular season stood out for quality, though I haven't yet watched my tape of the semi. Their backs have been decidedly average and Carter and Nadolo aside still look average. I don't see Crotty's value at all; AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will own him. I don't agree about the "so many weapons" I reckon that the 2005 and 2008 Crusader teams would belt them.

I said that to a mate of mine a few weeks ago, but now I'm not feeling so confident... Dagg, Carter, Nadolo and Slade have been anything but average in their last few games and their forwards have really been dominating every team they face. Watching the Crusaders forwards annihilate the vaunted Springbok laden Shawks - scoring a rolling maul try from a defensive line out was a bit of a worry I thought.

This has been a great team all season, even in the losses to the Blues and Force I thought we were the better team, just without the luck. There's always nervousness but I was more nervous about the Brumby game than I will be about the Crusaders. I just don't think they will be able to handle our power game.

Agree with most of that, but whilst the Brumbies had me nervous, the Crusaders are making me more so after their last couple games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Very true - Peyper was a pox on the match, and I'm incredibly relieved to hear he'll be no where near the final. He also missed a fair few skewed Brumbies line-out throws (no bias in my view on this :D ).

As a Tahs fan, a little lenience on the straightness of lineout throws should always be welcomed. ;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

"Super Rugby Final."
"No"
"Waratahs"
"WARATAHS"
"SUPER RUGBY"
"NO"

Made in Choina. Don't speak Strayan.

Status
Not open for further replies.