• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Drua - Saturday 20 May 2023

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A double header at the SFS with the Wallaroos playing Fiji at 5pm and the Tahs taking on the Drua at 7:30pm.

Big match for the Tahs seeking win their fourth game on the trot and get closer to locking in 6th spot on the ladder.

Hopefully Seu and Hanigan are both available. I haven't heard an update on Lalakai Foketi yet but am expecting him to be out. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Will Harris has been seriously disappointing, he doesn't look any bigger and doesn't play any bigger and now we're not seeing those big runs he did last year either.

It's strange to me Gamble is getting such limited minutes. I'd like to see him start at 7 over Hooper and Seu/Hanigan 5/6 in any order.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just watched the post match presser and DC thought Foketi's injury was just a basic ankle sprain and hopefully wasn't too bad.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Will Harris has been seriously disappointing, he doesn't look any bigger and doesn't play any bigger and now we're not seeing those big runs he did last year either.

It's strange to me Gamble is getting such limited minutes. I'd like to see him start at 7 over Hooper and Seu/Hanigan 5/6 in any order.
I seam to remember reading somewhere he’s playing with a injury that’s probably why the limited minutes.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
I seam to remember reading somewhere he’s playing with a shoulder injury that’s probably why the limited minutes
I found it in the SMH
yes I know I’m answering my own post.

Shouldering the load: Gamble playing through pain to help Tahs save season​

Waratahs flanker Charlie Gamble says re-establishing the aggressive defence that underpinned NSW’s resurgence last year is the key to the Tahs rescuing their season and going on a winning run before the finals.

And Gamble is putting his body on the line for the cause, with the flanker revealing he has put off surgery on a painful shoulder injury until the end of the season to prioritise the Waratahs’ late-season push.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I found it in the SMH
yes I know I’m answering my own post.

Shouldering the load: Gamble playing through pain to help Tahs save season​

Waratahs flanker Charlie Gamble says re-establishing the aggressive defence that underpinned NSW’s resurgence last year is the key to the Tahs rescuing their season and going on a winning run before the finals.

And Gamble is putting his body on the line for the cause, with the flanker revealing he has put off surgery on a painful shoulder injury until the end of the season to prioritise the Waratahs’ late-season push.
What a good bloke

Marce

John Thornett (49)
What a hero!
HUrWeqv.md.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And if he completely buggers it playing injured and can't take Hooper's position next year (and possibly his Wallaby position) will he think it was worth it? Playing injured is a huge risk in Super, the hits are hard and repetitive.

I assume he's received medical advice but depending on the shoulder injury they are normally things that can be played through without significant risk of additional injury.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Teddy wilson and Jack Bowen weren't called up for Easts this weekend. Hopefully they get called up for the tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Teddy wilson and Jack Bowen weren't called up for Easts this weekend. Hopefully they get called up for the tahs.

The Aussie under 20s have a test in NZ in 12 days. I think that is where they will be. I assume they are in camp this weekend and fly out sometime next week.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1684377823132.png

Good to see Ned back. Hopefully Foketi's injury isn't too serious.

Players unavailable for selection:​

Angus Bell – Toe (Season)

Daniel Botha- Foot (Round 14)

Jack Bowen- Shoulder (Round 14)

Lalakai Foketi- Ankle (Round 14)

Tane Edmed – Back (Round 14)

Tom Lambert – Knee (Round 14)

Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

Zac Von Appen – TBC

Zane Marolt – Fractured cheekbone (Season)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Seu & Hanigan back is great for the pack and bench. That tight 5 deserved another go around after a strong performance last week. Really liking what Mahe brings off the bench. Hard running and a pilfer in the nugget.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Seu & Hanigan back is great for the pack and bench. That tight 5 deserved another go around after a strong performance last week. Really liking what Mahe brings off the bench. Hard running and a pilfer in the nugget.
Mahe is improving with every game. That’s another positive going forward.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Players unavailable for selection:
Angus Bell – Toe (Season)

Daniel Botha- Foot (Round 14)

Jack Bowen- Shoulder (Round 14)

Lalakai Foketi- Ankle (Round 14)

Tane Edmed – Back (Round 14)

Tom Lambert – Knee (Round 14)

Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

Zac Von Appen – TBC

Zane Marolt – Fractured cheekbone (Season)
Round 14 is next week? Big for returning players, though maybe only Lambert and Foketi jump straight back in, Edmed prob needs a week of club rugby.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Edmed has been slated to return - the next week - for the past 5 weeks to be fair. Same as Hanigan.