• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - Super Rugby R7 2013 - Sunday 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I reckon both teams are playing pretty well. Been a good game to watch so far. Would prefer the tahs to try a bit more when they have ball in hand as it seems like they're starting to really get their act together through backline movements and such.

I always feel like Steve Walsh is too whistle happy and teams struggle to get rhythm when playing under him. On paper he doesn't seem to have too many penalties but so i dunno. i just feel like he stops momentum a lot and its always a "learning your 3 times tables game" when he refs. just my opinion.

I've always said, if you want to ruin a game of rugby, give Steve Walsh a whistle.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Doesn't do tight stuff. Throws stupid passes. His flick out the back off the scrum gifted the cheetahs possession. Runs too wide. Gives away stupid penalties. Thinks he's a tough guy without doing anything tough. Too slow off the blind side of the scrum. Not powerful enough in close for number 8.

Honestly Vanessa, he's so far from Wallaby contention it ain't funny. He should be helping the Rebels man up, but he's just going along with their spoiled little boy image.
Didn't you forget to add something?

But seriously the second explanation is much better than the first statement.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Is that the turneover ball with 5 on 2 and he kicks it out on the full?

Godawful. Thought we looked better with Lucas on the park last week and only McK's goal kicking keeps him out there at times.

Grayson Hart deserves a shot too - great pass on the gain line.

But seriously the second explanation is much better than the first statement.

I preferred the first - brevity is a gift I have and I assumed it up well I thought. I understand people need explanations, but surely anyone who had watched him in the current season could have extrapolated what "shite" means when talking about that bloke.

Walsh was inconsistent at best. Thought both teams were thoroughly confused about 50 minutes in after a few weird ruck calls.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Godawful. Thought we looked better with Lucas on the park last week and only McK's goal kicking keeps him out there at times.

Grayson Hart deserves a shot too - great pass on the gain line.

Walsh was inconsistent at best. Thought both teams were thoroughly confused about 50 minutes in after a few weird ruck calls.

Foley kicks as well as McKibben, as does Lucas, so goalkicking shouldn't come into it. We've been watching McKibben for 2 years now and I don't detect much improvement at all. He is clearly the weakest half in the Aussie conference. I was waiting all 2nd half for Lucas, but for some reason no appearance. I was talking to a mate before the match about Hart and I'm curious as to what is the story there (if there is a story).

Walsh is consistently inconsistent and he was at his confusing best today. Some decisions were as bad as what was served up in Canberra last night. Some scrums took 2 1/2 minutes from whistle to ball out - unbelievable. There is now an audible groan everytime a scrum is awarded. I thought the new calls were supposed to speed things up, but apparently the refs have decided to just use a different set of words. In every game that I have watched this season, there is a direct correlation with the pace of the engagement and the amount of collapses/resets. The longer the refs try to keep 2 x 800-900 kg packs stationary, the more chance of early engagement, loss of balance, instability etc.
Could we please just get the ball in and get on with the game. If IRB types are monitoring, please fix this by directing the refs to do so.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The force should of won that game. It was there to win and we couldn't get over the line. As for Walsh. One of the worst performances I've seen from him. I actually rate him as a ref but not tonight.

Maafu made some great runs for a change and then got binned. Tpn sold the shit out of it. But in the end it was up high so that's a yellow card. Fair enough.

3 points for the tahs came to easy. 1 was from a maul that should of been a scrum to the force. I think Steve forgot what a maul is.

Douglass could of been carded for his offside. Absolutely blatant and we would of made a break if he didn't make the tackle. Offside isn't often a yellow card but when it's a genuine professional foul I think it should be considered.
It's jut bad sportsmanship.

The lead up to the tahs 1st try was terrible. the turnover. Knock on, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) came in the side of the ruck twice.

Shocker of the week goes to Walsh for giving te tahs 3 points for a tackle? Well he missed the shot so justice there.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should of gone for a spear tackle on Godwin. It's amazing it wasn't even a card. He listed above the Horizontal and grot driving.

John alunia ( spelling) tackled delit with out the ball after he lost the ball forward. Trying to make up for a mistake. would of been away down the touch line for a bit.

Robinson in the side at the end too steel the ball out of the ruck. There where 2 face players over the ball as well before he came in. He could of been done for in the side or Hands in the ruck.

The force are a better team the tahs. I honestly believe that. And for a side with the players they have its unbelievable how average they are. If they didn't sign izzy they would of been stuffed this year.

:)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The longer the refs try to keep 2 x 800-900 kg packs stationary, the more chance of early engagement, loss of balance, instability etc.
Could we please just get the ball in and get on with the game. If IRB types are monitoring, please fix this by directing the refs to do so.

It is total bullshit what is going on.
Wait until the Lions get here - they will milk this blight on the game for all it is worth.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Are you aware of Nick Phipps?

He's not much better, but he seems to be improving - although I haven't seen him play for a couple of weeks, so I'm prepared to be corrected on that by Rebels fans. I must admit to being surprised that we have signed him for next year, and I'm not quite sure of the thinking behind it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It is total bullshit what is going on.
Wait until the Lions get here - they will milk this blight on the game for all it is worth.

Although northern hemisphere refs seem to get the scrums going quicker - the French in particular and Poite has one of the Lions tests I believe (Joubert and Pollock the other 2). Joubert often favours the home team and I rate Pollock highly.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The force should of won that game. It was there to win and we couldn't get over the line. As for Walsh. One of the worst performances I've seen from him. I actually rate him as a ref but not tonight.

Maafu made some great runs for a change and then got binned. Tpn sold the shit out of it. But in the end it was up high so that's a yellow card. Fair enough.

3 points for the tahs came to easy. 1 was from a maul that should of been a scrum to the force. I think Steve forgot what a maul is.

Douglass could of been carded for his offside. Absolutely blatant and we would of made a break if he didn't make the tackle. Offside isn't often a yellow card but when it's a genuine professional foul I think it should be considered.
It's jut bad sportsmanship.

The lead up to the tahs 1st try was terrible. the turnover. Knock on, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) came in the side of the ruck twice.

Shocker of the week goes to Walsh for giving te tahs 3 points for a tackle? Well he missed the shot so justice there.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should of gone for a spear tackle on Godwin. It's amazing it wasn't even a card. He listed above the Horizontal and grot driving.

John alunia ( spelling) tackled delit with out the ball after he lost the ball forward. Trying to make up for a mistake. would of been away down the touch line for a bit.

Robinson in the side at the end too steel the ball out of the ruck. There where 2 face players over the ball as well before he came in. He could of been done for in the side or Hands in the ruck.

The force are a better team the tahs. I honestly believe that. And for a side with the players they have its unbelievable how average they are. If they didn't sign izzy they would of been stuffed this year.

:)
A lot of effort to crush some grapes there, Shiggins.
Waratahs conceded 12 penalties, Force 11.
By your reckoning the count should have been about 17-6. Well, I was at the game, and the infringing, allegedly or otherwise wasn't even close to that one-sided.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He's not much better, but he seems to be improving - although I haven't seen him play for a couple of weeks, so I'm prepared to be corrected on that by Rebels fans. I must admit to being surprised that we have signed him for next year, and I'm not quite sure of the thinking behind it.

Let me save Rebels fans the trouble: dire.

There is NO thinking behind his signing, unless he's going to play on the wing where he is not half bad.

On the other hand, he's got a lot of bad influences at the Rebels, and a forward pack playing nowhere near its potential away from the set piece, so perhaps he could be good. But I don't want him.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I haventnseen the game yet only listened to it on abc radio. Didnt get a great picture of the game really just alot of commentors creaming theor pants.over izzie. But from what i did get i would assume the force were once again their own worst nightmare

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Force? They are a hard team to beat but they will also struggle to win games. Great at recycling, but for what purpose when they offer very little threat with ball in hand. They will win the possession stats but lose on the score board. They will fare best with officious refs, like Walsh.

The tahs? I was pretty despondent after the game. My expectations were higher after last weeks performance. The basic errors crueled us and once again we started the game flat. We are leaving too many points on the field by stuffing the last pass. I hear mmm was mom? Not sure who stood out for the tahs, maybe fat cat and hooper.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The Force were clinical, made few errors but couldn't break the line and had no x-factor. The Tahs were the exact opposite- broke the line at will, spread the ball wide and found space, but just couldn't hold the fucking ball.

Ultimately the Force had plenty of chances to win the game in the last 15 minutes, but didn't have enough to get it done. Their attack was far too predictable and one-dimensional. Forget Walsh (whose confusing calls definitely went both ways), that was why they lost.

As for the Tahs, someone in the post-match said that was a game they would have lost last year. I had a bad feeling for a lot of the second half. But they pulled through. They are certainly creating a lot of chances, if they fix up their execution they can push for a top 8 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.