• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Warming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Nowadays the pre-match warm up is practically an industry in itself. When I played, the warm up consisted of a piss, a smoke, and the run onto the field.

When did it all go pear shaped?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm sure it was before this, but the 2001 British and Irish Lions warm up was a sight to behold. Almost more complicated and convoluted than a Eddie Jones post match analysis.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Nowadays the pre-match warm up is practically an industry in itself. When I played, the warm up consisted of a piss, a smoke, and the run onto the field.

When did it all go pear shaped?

We were far more professional at London French - we used to stand in a circle and pass the ball for a few minutes.

Guys who came straight from being on the piss might have a pre-match chunder as well

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
We need to bring Matt Dunning back so we can all savour the sight of a big man tackling the goalposts in the pre-match warm up.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We were far more professional at London French - we used to stand in a circle and pass the ball for a few minutes.

Guys who came straight from being on the piss might have a pre-match chunder as well

One of your best Gagger.

So - that is the derivation of your username - I wondered.

Status
Not open for further replies.