• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Watching Super Rugby On-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Any source available overseas? I used to subscribe to SportZone until they lost their rights to distribute rugby.

I assume for us in the other 90% of the world where it is unprofitable to show the game there is no sanctioned way to watch them?

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
For anybody living in the US, Directv broadcasts all the SupeRugby games in HD with no extra subscription fee.

M

Mica

Same concerns here with the Foxtel on Xbox service.

I have spoken with Reps on a couple of occasions and it appears that the service is pretty immature as the Reps from enquiries haven't been given much information as to how the programming is going to work.

Therefore I am hoping that if they get lots of encouragement to show more S15 something might happen. Yes I am an optimist, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I encourage all fans who want to watch the Rugby on Xbox to send enquiries or email politely requesting some improvement.

The Foxtel response to my original query regarding the S15 telecasts on Foxtel on Xbox and my follow up email after subscribing to the service are below :)

On 14/02/12 15:44, Enquiries wrote:
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your email to FOXTEL.

I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding Super Rugby coverage on FOXTEL via Xbox. I am happy to confirm that Super 15 Rugby is available to view via the FOXTEL on Xbox service. This Super Rugby series is shown on FOXTEL SPORTS PLAY which is included in the Sports package. I have contacted FOX SPORTS regarding this and they have confirmed that while not all games can be shown live, the Super Rugby series will be shown on FOX SPORTS PLAY. I trust this information is of assistance.

Once more thank you for taking the time to contact us, you can leave your programming feedback here or speak to our FOXTEL Representatives on 131 999. They are available to talk to you from 7.30AM to 11PM (EDT), everyday.

Yours sincerely

Emily Newbold
FOXTEL Programming

Did you know that My FOXTEL is your online hub for managing your FOXTEL account? MyAccountlets you view and manage your account quickly and easily. It’s free to sign up and use, simply visit www.foxtel.com.au/my-foxtel/default.htm For all your FAQs, billing information, troubleshooting, tips and more visit www.foxtel.com.au/support/default.htm

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the reply. I have now subscribed to Foxtel on Xbox and have watched a couple of the games.
The quality of the telecast whilst not as good as regular TV is quite reasonable.

I note that so far there have been no live Super 15 rugby games and looking at the guide it appears like none are planned for this weekend.
Also the main Australian game of the round (Waratahs vs Reds) that is being played on Saturday night at 8:00pm (7:00pm Brisbane time) is delayed for a single replayed telecast on Monday morning at 7:00am. This is a pointless time for anyone who has to go to work and what makes it worse is that it doesn't appear that any of the rugby is available on catch up TV. If this were the case I could at least watch it on Monday night after work.

More disturbing is that it appears that there are no games, live or delayed scheduled for next week. If this is the case there will be no point in me continuing as a subscriber since the Rugby was the main reason for my subscription.

Can anything be done to rectify this situation?

Also I am wondering if all S15 rugby games could at least be put on catch up TV. This would then allow rugby fans the opportunity to see replays of the games at a time suitable for them without impacting other Foxtel programming. Naturally I'd prefer live telecasts for some/most of the games of the round but would see the aforementioned suggestion as a compromised solution.

I look forward to Foxtel's response to my concerns and suggestions.

Thanks

Michael

Wallatahs

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bloody gay-league... looks like i'm off to the pub (or a mates place) tonight.

Super Rugby was the only reason I got fox on Xbox.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
I have one of those T-Box things. It was advertising that you could get Foxtel through it and the prices looked awsome, too good to be true, when I enquired I was right, too good to be true, not available in my area.

Edited by Moses: Please no discussion of illegal links in these forums.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So Friday we are getting treated to Premier League Darts instead of the Chiefs v Blues match...

Time to unsubscribe.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So Friday we are getting treated to Premier League Darts instead of the Chiefs v Blues match...

Time to unsubscribe.

That really is a farce. Guess they must have either contractual issues this year to show it live, or they have a syphilitic blind swap rat doing their programming.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Only a matter of time before someone snaps up the internet rights for all rugby tournaments and provides a decent streaming service so the viewer is in control of what they watch rather than be dictated to by the programmers of a TV station. Looking forward to the widespread penetration of IPTV.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
SANZAR announces ground breaking new online viewing partnership

August 3, 2012
By SANZAR Communications

SANZAR today is proud to announce a new service to allow viewers in countries where there is no television broadcast agreement in place to watch this weekend’s Super Rugby Final between the Chiefs and the Sharks.
The service will also allow full viewing of The Rugby Championship later this year, and will cover Super Rugby and The Rugby Championship for the 2013 seasons.
SANZAR CEO Greg Peters was excited about the new service, which would bring SANZAR rugby competitions to countries that currently don’t have access on traditional broadcasting platforms.
“We have been working hard to ensure that as many fans as possible globally can watch Super Rugby and The Rugby Championship which will give SANZAR rugby competitions a truly global footprint” Peters said.
“It allows us to offer many counties, particularly within Europe and South America, the chance to enjoy the action, and we are excited to have it ready to go for the Super Rugby Final.”
PERFORM, who will work with SANZAR in delivering this service, has one of the largest sports rights portfolios for over 200 sporting codes, and last year delivered nearly 3 billion video streams, and has a reach of hundreds of million sporting fans.
The package is accessible via www.superrugby.livesport.tv
The package will be available only in the following countries:
Russia, Georgia, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovakia,Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Macedonia,Montenegro, Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Latvia,Lithuania, Moldova, Iceland, Brazil, Mexico, Panama, El Salvador, Costa Rica,Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Venezuela, Bermuda, Cuba, Haiti, DominicanRepublic, Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados.
The price for subscription:
Price is US $9.99 for a 24 hour pass (for the Super Rugby Final)
For The Rugby Championship in 2012, and the 2013 seasons of Super Rugby and The Rugby Championship, there will be a variety of packages available for monthly or seasonal viewing and these details will be provided in the coming weeks.

Looks to be available only in countries without a TV broadcaster as they would have the rights to streaming as well.

Hopefully, SANZAR can split the streaming rights from the TV broadcast rights in the future and offer them as separate deals.

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
gents, you hve a number of options to watch the game online for nothing.

vipbox.tv
sportlemon.tv
mypremium.tv

Hope that's a help

Status
Not open for further replies.