• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

We have lost rugby skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Crowds not attending rugby matches, no forget about that rugby skill, I am talking about old skills we had but have to learn new habits and now we have to go back to the old ones. The reason, flippen S14 Elvs. Watching this Lions team and a few good old rugby lessons catch my eye. Simple cleanout at ruck, simple support runners, simple passing and then the biggie, the lineout drive, contesting at rucks and proper scrumming. All those things in the past the Springbokke strong point down the drain in two years time and we need to catch up quick because the first test is around the corner. The All Blacks playing the French and you lot the Italians and it will be interesting to see the way you lot cope with this but if there is a shock coming to any of the SH teams way, that will be the reason.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Crowds not attending rugby matches, no forget about that rugby skill, I am talking about old skills we had but have to learn new habits and now we have to go back to the old ones. The reason, flippen S14 Elvs. Watching this Lions team and a few good old rugby lessons catch my eye. Simple cleanout at ruck, simple support runners, simple passing and then the biggie, the lineout drive, contesting at rucks and proper scrumming. All those things in the past the Springbokke strong point down the drain in two years time and we need to catch up quick because the first test is around the corner. The All Blacks playing the French and you lot the Italians and it will be interesting to see the way you lot cope with this but if there is a shock coming to any of the SH teams way, that will be the reason.

2008. NH 1 SH 19. Didn't you read about that?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
You're just getting nervous PB - don't worry, you'll smash em in the tests! :thumb

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
RSA 3 EEELs zip.

RSA to beat the EEELs easily in the set pieces and smack them off the park at the breakdown.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Wish I can be as confident as you lot. Nightmare sweat running down my face at late and I see Thomos Munster Monsters chewing our belove Springbokkies biltong like a piece of chewing Gum and spitting out Bakkies like a piece of kak. Thats what I start to see. :'(

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
My concern is that the Lions are building momentum and the Boks have a lot of time to start doubting themselves watching the games.

Little things. Smit and the front row start to worry watching the Lions scrum.
The backline players feeling uneasy with a new combo and a makeshift at the back.
The forwards having in the back of their mind that they are goign into the game with no openside.
The backline players wondering if Pienaar will be sharp enough to dictate.

Doubts.

Whilst I worry I also think that the pack we will field will hit the rucks harder than any pack any other team in the world can put on the park and we can still dominate that.

I am going to have an ulcer from this.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
My Biggest worry after watching the Bleek Bene.
1. We have to little forwards in the rucks and to many in the backs.
2. Our lot still in a S14 mood. This aint S14, this is test rugby a level higher.
3. In all the matches I watch thus far only two players put up their hands despite a lot of maoning and groaning from the Sharks lot wanting their players in the Bok squad. To be more spesific my two players are Brussouw and Sarel Pretorius (now Sarel no one even would have think to be even close) The supporters make the old mistake to think S14 is test rugby and want those on form in the S14 in a test just proved to be wrong example, Oupa Stefan kak, Deysel kak, Cocky kak, Jannie kak, Vermaak kak..... and the list goes on.
4. Hear a lot of maoning for the Bokke not playing for the provinces. Wrong, those players not playing give youngsters a change to put up their hands for a Bok jersey. All of the promising youngsters will get a change in games agaisnt this Lions and will have to put up their hand, not on S14 level but international level. This is their change.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the Boks will win the series but may drop the 1st game like the Wallabies in 2001, the Boks should be playing this weekend but they've fucked that up now so a lot of players will be going in to a huge match with a lot of rust on the boots.

I'm not concerned about individual players as I think the Boks have got the Lions covered in most positions man on man the only problem they face is lack of game time & PDV dreaming up something weird.

S

Spook

The Saffas scrummaging seems to have deteriorated. Can't blame that on the ELVs .

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Saffas scrummaging seems to have deteriorated. Can't blame that on the ELVs

Considering we've got better since the ELV's although that's probably more the personal & coaching staff that have improved our scrum.

R

Red Beard

NTA said:
Biffo said:
RSA to beat the EEELs easily in the set pieces

Maybe the lineout - though even then up against POC it'll be tough.

Not the scrum though.
You reckon? I would rate the lineout as one of the Boks real strengths.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I havent seen much to impress me from the Lions. Boks will smoke them.

French result is more a consequence of very weak ABs due to injuries and the endless stream of players heading North.

Status
Not open for further replies.