• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

We want to know who you'd pick for the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-as-deans-plans-for-wales-20120504-1y465.html

How the hell are Morahan and Kingston ahead of Shipperley in terms of Wallabies wing spot?? The bloke has no clue....
I dont doubt our national coach should watch this game, but surely this so called "importance" is a convenient excuse to get the boss to pay for a trip home to see the family and friends that Robbie grew up with and spent most of his life with.

I have used this type of excuse in the past, if there was any type of work involving a town anywhere near where I used to live then it became vital that I travel to ensure the job was done correctly

P

Paradox

Is Speight eligible yet or does he have a year to go? Probably been the best wing in Oz this year on balance.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If Anthony can control Fruen and dominate him then he will have proven he is up to a Wallaby spot, after the Crusaders v Tahs game last week having the ability to control Fruen is vital
Considering he is coming back from some time out, he might have to do a little more than that! But it would be a good start.

T

Train Without a Station

After the transformation of the Reds defensive line upon his return, I don't know how Fainga'a can not seriously be considered for a starting position.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
After the transformation of the Reds defensive line upon his return, I don't know how Fainga'a can not seriously be considered for a starting position.
Even with the Reds issues this year there are a lot of polayers coming into form from the Reds, I think there are valid arguments for a large percentage of the team being from their squad. I can think of 5 starters and 2 bench spots for Reds

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Even after last night's debacle it's difficult to go past some of the Tahs pigs: Robinson, TPN (if fit), Kepu, Douglas, Dennis and Palu would have to feature in an Oz 22. The irony for these few is Foley preparing them for Super games and another for tests. Axle's arguably Australia's best forwards coach, their team should be much more successful than it is.

P

Paradox

Bit underwhelmed with Douglas. He doesn't do much at the breakdown.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'd put the house on Kurtley Beale playing 10 against Wales now.
You have to wonder if its worth moving one of the worlds best fullbacks out of position?

And I assume that would mean AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) playing fullback, leaving one of the rookies (Shipperely or Tomane) to fill the other spot.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Barnes would be lucky to be in the training squad for NZ or SA.

QC (Quade Cooper), Beale and Christian (poor bastard) would all be ahead of him....and maybe JOC (James O'Connor).

Someone at the Rebels needs to decide to make Beale the first choice, full-time #10 and let him grow and develop his skills and confidence in this position again.

AB and Bok fans would love to see Barnes lining up as the starting 10 for the Wallabies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Simmons had his best game of the season on the weekend. Had an excellent combination with hanson come lineout time.

After a poor start to the season I expect he might work his way back into the frame for the wallabies, but I still think Pyle might be the man for the job.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I thought Simmons had his best game of the season on the weekend. Had an excellent combination with hanson come lineout time.

After a poor start to the season I expect he might work his way back into the frame for the wallabies, but I still think Pyle might be the man for the job.
Last two games has shown he's still got the potential as a wallaby. He will probably get picked, because if not that would leave Horwill (possibly Sharpe if he gets selected) with a bunch of rookies (Pyle, Jones, Timani, Fardy, Douglas all contenders). I'm sure Deans would prefer to have Simmons in the set up, simply because he has been there before, and due to his recent spike in form. But yes I do agree with Pyle being the one to partner Horwill (once again, if Sharpe is excluded), with Simmons off the bench at this stage, although someone like Jones or Timani would be valuable due to their ability to play 6 aswell.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
This is on current availability and form...
Brumbies Wallaby bolters for 30 man OZ squad: Palmer, Fardy, S.Carter, Fotu Auelua, Mowen, Hooper, Nic White, A.Smith, Speight, Tomane, Mogg,

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So everyone in the team except Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore and Pat McCabe?

Given that Lilo would have been in your bolter list before he got injured, you've just included the whole 15.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight doesn't qualify, otherwise he'd be starting on one wing ...

A Smith won't be there despIte his form...

But on current form every other possible starting XV player for the Brumbies will be in contention for the squad...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Okay I'm just going to point out that, just because a team is performing well, doesn't mean the players in that side would still perform well in the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.