1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Websites for sharing photos?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Jethro Tah, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jethro Tah Bob Loudon (25)

Can anyone recommend a good web site for storing photos ?

I have been using Flickr to store photos for family back home to see and download but it has finally done my head in and I want to try somewhere else. It needs to be password or designated user access only, and free to use (I’m a tight arse and expect all things in life to be free). I use facebook occasionally but the profanity of some of my friends/contacts would send my mum’s aging heart into overdrive so that’s a no go. It needs to be user friendly as my IT skills and patience are not my strong points and a blogging option would be good but not critical.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  2. TheRiddler Dave Cowper (27)

Have you looked at Google's Picassa service? Would seem to meet your requirements - not sure how many Gb you get but probably enough to get by for the family photos.
  3. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Picassa is pretty good, best bit is you can download and install their software and use it to bulk upload photo's which can resize them before uploading which saves time and space.

1GB space in the free version, US$5/yr to upgrade to 20GB

http://picasa.google.com/

Just checked it out, this feature looks 'ken awesome
  4. Dismal Pillock Greg Davis (50)

Photobucket

Company Rating: ZERO out of 10 million.

They're at it again. 2 years after suddenly slapping a $400 p/a price tag on their hosting and reducing 60 million photos webwide to that stupid speedometer template, yes, these greedy gutless corporate cocktards are at it again. This time slapping random huge watermarks on free accounts, extorting people into upgrading to paid memberships.

What a total dick move. Blurring up pictures then slapping a hoary great watermark on there. Why don't they just scribble in a collage of comically small wangers while they're at it?

All good and well saying just use another hosting service but I've got thousands of pics in my photobucket, starting again would require traipsing around half the damn internet reparsing all my shit.

I am such a drongo paying $24 a year to these jerks.

And todays its:
    GET. FAAAAAAAAHHHKED.

Anyone tried "google photos"?

I guess the kids today don't care about hosting sites here in 2017 as pics go straight from phone to twitter.

FFS.