• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 8 - Waratahs vs Force - Saturday 15 April @ 7:35pm

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Charlie Gamble – Shoulder (Round 9+) Hugh Sinclair – Shoulder (Round 9) Langi Gleeson – Calf (Round 9) Mosese Tuipulotu – Knee (Round 9) Sateki Latu – Neck (Round 9) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 9) Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 10) Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

Players Available for Shute Shield: Ben Dowling (Randwick) Harrison Goddard (Gordon) Hunter Ward (Manly) Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs) Nemani Nadolo (Western Sydney) Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs) Tolu Latu (Western Sydney) Zane Marolt (Eastern Suburbs)

Interesting Nadolo is listed as available, Latu too. Latu needs game time.
Don't think Nadolo is interesting, Latu is.

Teddy Wilson listed as a mistake I assume.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is Will Harrison's recent injury another ACL, or something else in his knee? Round 9 will be a big one for returning players.

Doesn't say specifically but says they expect surgery this week and a re-injury of the same knee so it's likely. Poor bloke

Alex Ross (28)
Didn't Hamish Stewart leave the Reds because he wanted to play 10? Seems a long way down the pecking order. Can’t see him sticking around in WA if he still see’s himself as a 10.

Alex Ross (28)
Was it the excuse given to get out of the Reds?
One of the reasons given, yeah.

“I just wanted to explore a bit in Australia and play a bit of 10. Obviously Rabs (James O’Connor) is there at 10, so it’s pretty hard to beat that.”

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting Nadolo is listed as available,

I think he's clearly not first choice and doesn't offer any flexibility from the bench. I also think we've seen that his finishing ability isn't nearly what it was.

Is Will Harrison's recent injury another ACL, or something else in his knee? Round 9 will be a big one for returning players.

Yes. Did it in Shute Shield last weekend.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice not to have to face RWV. He probably would’ve played with a massive chip on his shoulder - still lots of ex-Tahs who weren’t wanted who will play with a point to prove.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Actually not sure if he’s injured, I wonder if RWV isn’t allowed to play v the Tahs ?? It happens in some sports when a player is signed/loaned to another team mid season.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Simon Cron seems to have a knack of pulling these new #8's out of nowhere. Interested to see how Jacob Norris goes, has played for the Maori All Blacks so must be ok.

Looking forward to seeing Pugh get a start and Strachan at 10

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
RWV injured:

"Norris came in on an ICC cover for Wells. He's been with us now for four or five weeks, training throughout the New Zealand tour. He gets his shot this game with Rahboni out through injury," mentioned Cron.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Didn't Hamish Stewart leave the Reds because he wanted to play 10? Seems a long way down the pecking order. Can’t see him sticking around in WA if he still see’s himself as a 10.
Maybe Cron thinks he is too valuable at 12. I thought Strachan did well when he came on against the Hurricanes, when I think Hamish went off with an injury.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Does anyone know whats happened to Pasitoa? Is he still injured or has he moved on?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
771A4900-7D90-48CA-9969-BC8A57E838C5.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, heard this since pre season. Force pack is full of hard workers and will be able to match up reasonably well. I'm dying to see the Tahs backs put on a performance. Cmon should be going through guys like Sam Spink...