• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

"We're close"

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I hope Robbie & Co stop peddling this crap. True, the Boks are clearly the best team in the world, have terrific talent, few weaknesses. But geez, they looked to do it easily. When they took their foot off the gas, we still got nowhere in attack.

There can be no excuse for the utter lack of intensity, aggression or intent displayed by Australia. The Wallabies were passive, slow and went through the motions.

In a disturbing sign of the times, twice a Bok back scored untouched. Yet the Wallabies came up empty from multiple phases.

We couldn't beat a weak All Blacks team at home. We've been manshamed repeatedly by the Bokke. We are miles away.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
naza said:
I hope Robbie & Co stop peddling this crap. True, the Boks are clearly the best team in the world, have terrific talent, few weaknesses. But geez, they looked to do it easily. When they took their foot off the gas, we still got nowhere in attack.

There can be no excuse for the utter lack of intensity, aggression or intent displayed by Australia. The Wallabies were passive, slow and went through the motions.

In a disturbing sign of the times, twice a Bok back scored untouched. Yet the Wallabies came up empty from multiple phases.

We couldn't beat a weak All Blacks team at home. We've been manshamed repeatedly by the Bokke. We are miles away.
That's it.
I am done.
I am taking my pulse because naza is dead right - we are pants.
End of.
Faaaark!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
couldnt put it better, i hope the two late trys dont mask how horrible we were in that game. we didnt deserve to be anywhere near them at the end.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We were horrible. But only in the first 25 minutes. I don't think the Boks took their foot off until the last 5-10.

Most of the horrible-ness was letting in soft tries. Two were partly due to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) yet again being changed to a different position and another was partly due to Richard Browns continuing stupidity.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Well said Naza. Reds fans are used to this sort of talking up shenanigans. Talk up their chances then completely fail to show any sort of heart.

What shits me is that everytime the boks had the ball they easily got over the advantage line with weak tackes from us, then when we have the ball we lose 5 metres and get monstered in the tackle. Our defence is weak as piss, unorganised and if our opposition has the ball for five phases or more our guys get flustered. Can we get back Muggleton as defence coach? Our attack is rudderless, unorganised and we can't hold onto the ball for more than five or six phases comfortably.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Scotty said:
We were horrible. But only in the first 25 minutes. I don't think the Boks took their foot off until the last 5-10.

Most of the horrible-ness was letting in soft tries. Two were partly due to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) yet again being changed to a different position and another was partly due to Richard Browns continuing stupidity.

the boks were celebrating with 20 to go, the changes, the smiling, the hi fiving, they were all signs of a team that new it was in the bag, sorry, but the last ten was just crap, the wallabies are worse now than they ever were under eddie jones. at the very least lets get a plan b, and if the coach dont have one, then lets get a new coach.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
How does a coach get these players to stop making school boy unforced errors? You cant give the team like the boks 50m+ of free field position and expect to win games. We did it 3 times in the 1st half and it lead to tries.

I think we are still close - If we can get the players to cut the unforced errors out. I can accept forced errors.

The biggest thing we are missing is onfield leadership. Smith wears the captaincy like an anchor. Moore would be my recommendation if he was in better form. Who else is there - Rocky/Giteau/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - doesn't seem to be an improvement? Maybe make Robinson captain?

Brown should also go - he is a long term solution but he has lost all his confidence - I repeat my call for Palu to come back in. Giteau to 12. Barnes/Cooper to 10. Horwill to get giving the instructions to smash Matfied every time he sees him, regardless of where the ball is.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon Rocky as captain. Unlike Smith you get the feeling that he actually cares what happens on the field.

He would have personally ripped Dick's head off after 10 seconds.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Moses said:
I reckon Rocky as captain. Unlike Smith you get the feeling that he actually cares what happens on the field.

He would have personally ripped Dick's head off after 10 seconds.

He made exactly the same mistake Brown did just a few minutes later (Why aren't the back 3 taking those kicks anyway ?). And he gave away possession with a moronic Smith-esque grubber.

I'd suggest that with Robbie being a quiet, soft spoken fellow, your captain needs to bring the fire and brimstone.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
naza said:
He made exactly the same mistake Brown did just a few minutes later (Why aren't the back 3 taking those kicks anyway ?). And he gave away possession with a moronic Smith-esque grubber.

I'd suggest that with Robbie being a quiet, soft spoken fellow, your captain needs to bring the fire and brimstone.

I agree Naza, the other option is to get some fire from the assistant coaches, I think Williams and Graham are too much in the Deans mould. What is Axel Foley up to during the S14 offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.