• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2020

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
There’s been talks of a few BIL players having a crack with the chiefs next year, maybe twiggy could redirect them to the force? Would be a good stop gap to make the team instantly more competitive and get a bit of breathing room to do some more long term roster management

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
You'd think with an ugly bloodnut Tito mugshot a bloke would know something about kiwi rugby but, sadly, no.

BIL players won't be going to the Tron for the money. It'd be solely due to Gatland, even if he's stepping back from steering the chiefs.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Look, even Paul Tito recognised the truth.

That's why he eventually got rid of the Fanta fright wig and turned out in a chrome dome.

Was a better man for it.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Look, even Paul Tito recognised the truth.

That's why he eventually got rid of the Fanta fright wig and turned out in a chrome dome.

Was a better man for it.

nothing like hating on someone for a physical attribute :confused:

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to see the West Australian still giving Rugby Union good coverage when there are matches on.
A full-page spread is terrific in an Aussie football stronghold/hub.

Capture.JPG

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Good to see the West Australian still giving Rugby Union good coverage when there are matches on.
A full-page spread is terrific in an Aussie football stronghold/hub.

View attachment 11751

I wish the Sydney papers would pick up their coverage. The Australian is pretty good but it is getting fairly dire otherwise. Fairfax are ramping up their NRL coverage which is unsurprising given the acquisition by Channel 9 - cross promotion is their specialty.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wish the Sydney papers would pick up their coverage. The Australian is pretty good but it is getting fairly dire otherwise. Fairfax are ramping up their NRL coverage which is unsurprising given the acquisition by Channel 9 - cross promotion is their specialty.

need to remember how many journalists were sacked during COVID, including many who used to write on rugby union

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Does anyone know if Wagner is injured?

I thought he was a much better player than Heiberg in the glimpses we have seen.

Also does anyone know why Pama Fou is not in the squad? Turinui talked him up on the rugby ruckus podcast but we haven't seen any of him?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

I thought he was a much better player than Heiberg in the glimpses we have seen.

Also does anyone know why Pama Fou is not in the squad? Turinui talked him up on the rugby ruckus podcast but we haven't seen any of him?
Fou is the most injured man in Australia.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)

I've been wondering the same about Wagner, he was good in the first few games. I think Pama Fou was playing for Wanneroo in there Fortescue Premier Grade here in Perth.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Another full-page coverage of Rugby Union in the West Australian this morning.

Capture.JPG

GO YOU FORCE!

PS Lads, please stick to the game plan and give us a full 80-minute effort.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pleasing to see WF players Kyle Godwin, Feleti Kaitu'u and Brynard Stander being asked to remain in Sydney and join David Rennie's players of national interest group vying for Wallabies selection.
I reckon Angus Fergus Lee-Warner can consider himself unlucky.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
^ I think he missed out too. :)

Not 24 hours ago, in this very parish:

Any idea why Alitimu isn't playing Super Rugby? He's playing club here in Brisbane.

Whatchamacallits, autocorrects, … The struggle is real.

How is AJ's cousin going, anyway? Jeeps innit?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Force debutants represent 2020 success story
September 14, 2020

Following a season that saw the club return to Super Rugby AU, one hugely positive statistic from the season stood out for head coach Tim Sampson.

During our 2020 campaign, Sampson gave a staggering 14 players their first taste of Super Rugby.
From Byron Ralston’s unforgettable debut against the NSW Waratahs all the way to Dom Hardman becoming the 200th Western Force player, it’s been a season to remember.
“I was so happy for our guys to be in this competition and get the exposure they deserve,” Sampson explained.
“It’s certainly one of those proud moments.”
With plenty of conjecture surrounding what’s in store for 2021, Sampson is full of positivity for the tight-knit group.
“To blood so many guys and give them a taste of what Super Rugby is, is great. I think whatever happens next year and beyond, this is only going to benefit us as a club.”

Captain Ian Prior echoed Sampson’s thoughts, while noting its importance on a national scale.
“You talk about having those five Australian teams and blooding players; players like Fergus Lee-Warner and Jack McGregor, that might’ve been lost overseas, that’s the point of us being here and developing those players.”
List of 2020 Super Rugby AU Force Debutants:
  1. Jacob Abel
  2. Ollie Callan
  3. Tevin Ferris
  4. Nick Jooste
  5. Feleti Kaitu’u
  6. Brad Lacey
  7. Fergus Lee-Warner
  8. Jack McGregor
  9. Byron Ralston
  10. Henry Stowers
  11. Angus Wagner
  12. Tom Sheminant
  13. Jake Strachan
  14. Dom Hardman

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Catching up with the coach

September 15, 2020

The Western Force squad is back home in Perth, spending quality time with their loved ones after ten weeks on the road. They will self-isolate for two weeks followed by a few further weeks for rest and recovery before returning to training in mid-to-late October. We caught up with Head Coach Tim Sampson to discuss the team’s Super Rugby AU experience.

What were your overall impressions of the Super Rugby AU tournament?
After the first couple of rounds, there were question marks about the standard of the competition. Unfairly, it was being compared with the New Zealand Super Rugby tournament, which was well advanced by then. Overall, from week to week, the competition improved immensely, and I think the last few rounds were of high quality.

What is next for the Force?
There are still a few decisions to be made about the way forward. Hopefully, before we get back into training, we will know what next year looks like. Once that happens, and we have dates locked in, it makes it easier to work towards.

Read more......