• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Do we really want Donaldson? I get having some competition for places but I want to see what Reesjan can do if he gets a good run. I think JOC (James O'Connor) would be good as he is a mentor but what benefit to Aus rugby is there in Donaldson coming west?

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
How long is Tiatia’s contract?

Absolutely criminal that a non-eligible player is starting in one of the Wallabies’ weakest positions.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Do we really want Donaldson? I get having some competition for places but I want to see what Reesjan can do if he gets a good run. I think JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would be good as he is a mentor but what benefit to Aus rugby is there in Donaldson coming west?

Was thinking the same thing mate. If Pasitoa comes good from his injury I want him playing alongside White and developing as a starting 10.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Problem is though that at the moment Pasitoa is nothing but a promising youngster whose development has been held back by injury.

O’Connor would be a good get, but do too would Donaldson to provide depth & competition in a key position. Ultimately that is as likely to be a plus for Pasitoa as it is a minus.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
An obvious, viable option Reg which would still help in Donaldson’s development and also allow Pasitoa time in the saddle.

Personally though I’d rather see Donaldson continue to play predominantly at 10. He’s been selected for the Wallabies there so he should be good enough to hold his spot there.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the best bit out of that story is Rugby Australia playing hardball with top up rather than letting clubs use them to Wearhouse players
Yep It’s best for Australia Rugby as a whole by allowing all these players to get maximum game time, same story with White and Lonergan.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Thankfully Tiatia is loving Perth and would love to extend his contract.

For those of us that go watch the Western Force live and attend all pre season matches and some training sessions, have witnessed first hand his enthuisastic and infectous spirit and knowledge that he gives to this team in spades.

You cannot "buy" what he offers to the team, and the development of players around him is immeasurable, he is doing more for the team and growing the game in the west than most.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
He’s signed for 2024 anyway, and isn’t he.

If he’s doing a great job mentoring the younger guys, great. Doesn’t mean that other options shouldn’t be added to the mix though.

Any good young WA prospects coming through at wing or FB?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Any good young WA prospects coming through at wing or FB?
Some likely lads coming through the Academy:
Cristiano Tezzano (Wing) , Jordan Williams (Wing), Kauri Tipene-Grace (FB), Ronan Leahy (Wing)
Current squad:
George Poolman (Utility Back), Rupeni Mataele (Wing),

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Some likely lads coming through the Academy:
Cristiano Tezzano (Wing) , Jordan Williams (Wing), Kauri Tipene-Grace (FB), Ronan Leahy (Wing)
Current squad:
George Poolman (Utility Back), Rupeni Mataele (Wing),
I would like to see Clay Uyen, Brad Lacey or Jack Hardy given another crack with the new coaching set up and inside backs.

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
Do we really want Donaldson? I get having some competition for places but I want to see what Reesjan can do if he gets a good run. I think JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would be good as he is a mentor but what benefit to Aus rugby is there in Donaldson coming west?
No thank you. Let's go with Burey!

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Yeah Burey and Pasitoa fighting it out, and then let’s not forget Strachan can play 10 too.