• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force Infiltrating Joeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
From Grumbles' Ruck and Maul column in SMH:

VAUX IS FORCE'S OUTRIDER
The Western Force have been smart in ensuring they have a strong Sydney influence. This week, they announced they've added to their board businessman David Vaux, who will perform his director's duties from Sydney. The Force said that Vaux, raised in WA, ''will provide a valuable Sydney-based voice within the corridors of power at the Australian Rugby Union''. Also the Force strength and conditioning team have established a home away home at St Joseph's College, which includes access to its gym, training fields and accommodation. This is not a surprising development considering that Waratahs officials are renowned for losing sight of the many jewels right under their feet. Don't be surprised to see more Sydney players heading west.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...prairiewood-20110721-1hqu7.html#ixzz1SuHDOhyc

Anyone from Joeys here that can confirm this?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This was first mooted about five, or six, years ago. Seems to've taken a while to come to fruition.

H

high tower

AJ Whalley former Force and Rat front rower(retired last season?), may have landed a teaching/PDHD gig at the school, mate of mine ran a course there recently and said AJ was in attendance.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I'd actually look into the up and coming western suburbs schools if I was them, people who are more adventurous in terms of aspirations etc and more willing to put in sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.