• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Bulls - Rnd 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match. EVER!
  2. Do not discuss other matches. EVER!
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

M

Moono75

'Per Western Force member notice'

Future Force recruit, Kane Koteka, will make his starting debut when the Western Force take on the Bulls, in Pretoria, at Loftus Versfeld on Saturday night (21 March).

Koteka, a Wests Scarborough junior, is the first player to graduate from the Future Force academy, a program designed to foster talented juniors in a professional environment with the aim of developing Asteron Life Super Rugby and international calibre players in Western Australia.

Coach Michael Foley says Koteka’s starting debut is a testament to his hard work and perseverance.

“Kane has risen to each challenge he’s been presented with and Saturday night provides him with another exciting opportunity,” he said. “While it’s great to see another local player progressing to Super Rugby, he’s earned each opportunity he’s been given and his performances to date should provide him with confidence.”

Western Force
1. Pekahou Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes (c)
5. Adam Coleman
6. Steve Mafi
7. Kane Koteka
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Luke Burton
13. Kyle Godwin
14. Marcel Brache
15. Luke Morahan

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Chris Heiberg
18. Oliver Hoskins/GuyMillar
19. Wilhelm Steenkamp
20. Angus Cottrell
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Solomoni Jnr Rasolea

M

Moono75

A couple of comments on the selections. Good to see local product Kane Koteka progress and get the start at 7. Not sure what's happened to Alcock, whether he has been dropped completly or has an injury but his experience will be missed. Hope the young guy can step up against the Bulls.

Sam Wykes is Sam Wykes and apparently immune to visiting the bench!

Sias returns to 10 which isn't a bad move as long as he has learnt his lesson and doesn't kick away possession for no reason. He must learn legs are also for moving you around the park....not just for kicking.

The centres pairing still remains perplexing. There seems to be some adverse reason why Godwin can't be switched to 12 and Brache to 13. I ask but I don't receive.

Luke Morahan back in after his hamstring niggle. He needs a big game as his contribution so far this year has been lack luster. His one on one tackling has been poor this year and he may be targeted at 15.

Finally I can't understand why Mitch Scott isn't in the squad. He has been good in limited minutes this year but every time he shows something he gets dropped for the next game. Great message to send a player FFS :mad:

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm glad to see Burton into 12. I thought he had a great game last week and Rasolea had to be benched.

Burton/Godwin could be a great combo going forward.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rasolea should be starting at 12 and Godwin should be on the bench, especially with Sias starting. Pollard and Serfontein are going to hit it up in Sias' channel all game.

The Bulls look like they could dominate preceedings at the breakdown, especially with the likes of Labuschagne and Stegmann who have been doing well to disrupt opposition ball

M

Moono75

Bulls:

1. Dean Greyling
2. Adriaan Strauss
3. Marcel Van der Merwe
4. Jacques du Plessis
5. Grant Hattingh
6. Deon Stegmann
7. Pieter Labuschagne
8. Pierre Spies
9. Rudy Paige
10. Handre Pollard
11. Bjorn Basson
12. Jan Serfontein
13. JJ Engelbrecht
14. Francois Hougaard
15. Jessie Kriel

Reserves:
16. Jaco Visagie
17. Morne Mellett
18. Trevor Nyakane
19. Victor Matfield
20. Arno Botha
21. Piet van Zyl
22. Tiaan Schoeman
23. Jurgen Visser

I'm a bit concerned about prop Dean Greyling. His name is far too normal for that team lineup :D

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Any of you other sickos going to go all Opus Dei on yourself tonight and inflict pain by watching this game?

M

Moono75

Come on Luke leaving points on the field. Should be up 10 to 6

M

Moono75

Come on Force value the ball in contact....turning over too much

Status
Not open for further replies.