• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Fijian Drua Saturday 11 May, 7:55pm WST

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Just saw the score. Have the Force played really well or have the Drua turned up thinking they won?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What a weird season for the force. Really good wins against some decent teams with some very poor performances. The first part of the season had some narrow losses after leading all the games.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Just watched game. Gee whiz, wouldn’t have thought Force would win by that much! Drua aren’t great away but Force attacked and defended well. Tizzano is little but was everywhere.Williams, Beale at the back, Kuenzle, Rodha and Horton all played well. Donaldson definitely MOTM. His try at the end showed he is deceptively fast. 100% from the tee too with a few side liners in there.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Superb performance from the boys tonight. We started well (loved seeing big Jezza on the gallop to set up the first try), got challenged just after half time and then consolidated in the last 20.

Too many good performances to name, but I thought our tight five in particular were excellent. Bailey also had an excellent game at outside centre. He looked dangerous every time he got his hands on the pill.

KB (Kurtley Beale) had several very good touches and showed yet again that fullback is his best position. The skills certainly haven't disappeared. He's also still pretty quick.

Is Rodda in Wallaby type form since coming back? I think he must be in the reckoning.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Is Rodda in Wallaby type form since coming back? I think he must be in the reckoning.
Prior to injuries I always thought Rodda was a class above all the other locks except Rory Arnold (who, for whatever reason, struggled to take his super form to test level consistently). My only criticism of him was I thought his clean out work needed to improve and he was a workhorse rather than a bruiser.

With all his injuries it was pretty hard to be confident he’d come back in any sort of form.

From what I’ve seen so far his work rate is still there or there abouts but both his breakdown work and physicality have improved.

Coupled with the form of Swain and Holloway I’m pretty happy with where our locks are at. My only real questions is does Ryan Smith get a gig and how will his game translate at test level.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Prior to injuries I always thought Rodda was a class above all the other locks except Rory Arnold (who, for whatever reason, struggled to take his super form to test level consistently). My only criticism of him was I thought his clean out work needed to improve and he was a workhorse rather than a bruiser.

With all his injuries it was pretty hard to be confident he’d come back in any sort of form.

From what I’ve seen so far his work rate is still there or there abouts but both his breakdown work and physicality have improved.

Coupled with the form of Swain and Holloway I’m pretty happy with where our locks are at. My only real questions is does Ryan Smith get a gig and how will his game translate at test level.
TSR I don't really have a beef with your summary of the locks, but I think I'll keep my powder dry on Rodda's return to form right now and wait and see if it continues. But on the matter of Smith, while he has been impressive lately (and I along with many others have included him in my TOTW recently) he was comprehensively outplayed this weekend by Canham who surely must be in the mix for higher honours.