• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What is GRASSROOTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Is that annually or a once off?

Anyway, I would suggest a sizeable chunk of those funds go toward establishing more schools competitions in the region. Its the best place to reach as many kids as possible. Outside private schools weekly schools sport particularly at the primary level has really fallen away over the past 20 or so years. If the ARU were to come on board with these funds as well as the DOs to not only organise these competitions but to train teachers in coaching/referreeing then we could see some strong growth.

I'd even be so inclined to focus exclusively on kids in the pri,ary sector. Use 7s and 10s as a structure to get them involved have local club actively distribute literature among schools in their areas (I'm refering to village clubs etc) to capture as many as possible.

The goal would be to build a base at the primary level as a means of further developing demand at the secondary level as these kids progress.

To very similar threads topics running here, I like this point so dragged it across as it assists in explaining my example.

The success of this can ow be measured on myrugby, ref my posts above if clubs meet targets a form of grant is paid.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
So, money spent within the club goes via one big expense account?

I cant comment because i don't know - so this is definatly I think only.
Some clubs could spend no time with junior clubs.
Some clubs spend some time with junior clubs,
Some clubs could spend lots of time with junior clubs,
Some clubs could spend a little at private schools, and school boy teams, and only taking the cream.

Time is not always money, time could be volunteer, and rugby has a huge network of passionate volunteers - so time does not equate to a big suspense account, it can relate to allot of hard work.

So I'm saying structure, systems, process, targets so the grant is a reward for results rather than just a hand out. Each club may come forward with a different business plan, but it is a plan - some may get thrown in the bin, the better ones may earn reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.