• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What's going on with the Bulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I've noticed the Bulls had a narrow come from behind win against the Cheetahs, shortly after only just beating the Lions. Has anyone watched these games? Are the Bulls playing below themselves or are the Cheetahs/lions improving?

According to SMH Spies knocked over a drop goal too..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The Lions and Cheetahs always do better in SA against SA opposition. But that said I thought the Bulls look slightly off the pace.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
No he is as good as ever but he needs a platform and I think age is catching up with a few Bulls forwards. I think G. Botha was out last night as well leaving Chilli Boy as the Hooker? which isn't good for them

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
They looked very beatable, but won anyway. Champion teams can do that, but not every week.

I think they were just off their game for one round, but have a sneaky hope that it wasn't the case.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Perhaps it's just a case of it being a bridge too far for the Bulls pack. I'd want to see a few more games before being sold on that story though. If it were to be the case, it wouldn't bode that well for the Boks this year.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We started very poorly last year and it was even worse the previous year.

Gentleman I give you: SA derby syndrome. Played these guys in the CC last year in September / October (and a month before that, and in the Super 14, and in the Vodacom Cup). Now start the tournament against them. Yawn and more yawn. Do enough to win and that's enough.

The Bulls looked only vaguely interested. They will take stock, the whip will come out, and once home (these were both away), they will start to pick up pace. Like an Old Chev. It stutters when it's cold but once it warms up it hums beautifully.

(PS I still think they won't win the tournament but beware the man who writes them off so soon).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Perhaps it's just a case of it being a bridge too far for the Bulls pack. I'd want to see a few more games before being sold on that story though. If it were to be the case, it wouldn't bode that well for the Boks this year.

The Front row is young and so is the back row.

Only the locks are old and they will be rotated.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Clearly I was making a prediction in past tense.

Now boys...

The Stormers got put under massive pressure by the Lions and forced into a yellow card in defense in the first half. They had to climb a mountain to win it.

The Lions are looking way better that, well, ever. For what it's worth.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now boys...

The Stormers got put under massive pressure by the Lions and forced into a yellow card in defense in the first half. They had to climb a mountain to win it.

The Lions are looking way better that, well, ever. For what it's worth.

No doubt, I've very impressed by the Lions, I even made a thread about them :)

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Still early days but this lethargic/old and sharks playing old rules when it is pissing down with rain "last week" is all a little premature.

A little credit to the Lions and Cheetahs maybe in order.

The Lions Blues match next week may shed some light as to the state of SA depth of it's so called minnows.

Also traditionally as Blue may have said games between these SA franchisers are normally tight affairs and not a reflection as to overall super rugby standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.