• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where did we go wrong? Wallaby Recovery thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
So ACT you are saying he was too injured to get out of the way but he was not injured enough to complete the tackle nicely and to make sure he rolls to create the camp they created for Genia the whole game? Was the other 20 Kiwi tacklers also injured?

For a guy laying there on the ground there is no counter rucking as he is on the ground.

If he was injured Joubert should have stopped play there. Yet the Kiwi's benefited from it And the 14 seconds holding your head one also injured?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Nah once again the great and mighty Rassie has spoken truth: you mere mortals may THINK that Paddy O'Brien left the IRB years ago, but it is clear to the very smartest among us that he is still clearly pulling all the strings, just from out of the limelight.

I saw him in Wellington on Saturday, sending Jaco Peyper instructions through a walkie talkie, while standing on a grassy knoll.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nah once again the great and mighty Rassie has spoken truth: you mere mortals may THINK that Paddy O'Brien left the IRB years ago, but it is clear to the very smartest among us that he is still clearly pulling all the strings, just from out of the limelight.

I saw him in Wellington on Saturday, sending Jaco Peyper instructions through a walkie talkie, while standing on a grassy knoll.
Walkie-talkie, or aluminium cranio-transponder?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
So ACT you are saying he was too injured to get out of the way but he was not injured enough to complete the tackle nicely and to make sure he rolls to create the camp they created for Genia the whole game? Was the other 20 Kiwi tacklers also injured?

For a guy laying there on the ground there is no counter rucking as he is on the ground.

If he was injured Joubert should have stopped play there. Yet the Kiwi's benefited from it And the 14 seconds holding your head one also injured?

Are you taking the mick Rassie. If you look at the real time footage of that incident Luatua is clearly in pain after he makes the tackle. Even after the ABs have celebrated the try and are running back to half way there is an image of Luatua in the background still on the ground being attended too by medics.

So either he was injured from the tackle or that was one hell of an elaborate scheme with not only players, but medics involved to 'build a camp' around Genia's space.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm beginning to think that the last few pages have been a clever ruse Link. Link obviously pays attention to G&GR to keep his finger on the pulse of Aus rugby fan opinion.

By the time you guys figure out this isn't a bad referee or cheating ABs thread the Wobs will be on a 4+ game unbeaten run.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm beginning to think that the last few pages have been a clever ruse Link. Link obviously pays attention to G&GR to keep his finger on the pulse of Aus rugby fan opinion.

By the time you guys figure out this isn't a bad referee or cheating ABs thread the Wobs will be on a 4+ game unbeaten run.
Hot-Tub Time Machine and we're in 2018.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'm all for mixing it up and cycling through our top choice props whilst we work on combinations and try to get a handle on who works best under the new scrum laws.

I don't consider sitting Sio out for one test (or any of the other props who played the first two tests) as discarding them.

It's really hard to say what our best combination is at this point. It could be the four props who played but it also could be Slipper/Robbo and Alexander/Kepu or Robbo/Sio and Slipper/Kepu or a different combination.

Slipper has played on both sides of the scrum and who is to say what works best for the Wallabies. He might prefer LHP but if he is a better option at THP than either Alexander or Kepu our scrum might be stronger with him at THP and Robinson back in the side.

Whilst I'd normally want to stick with combinations and let them improve, I think the props under the new scrum laws are still a big unknown and we'd be better off having more props as part of our rotation than try to keep it at the current four for as long as possible.

You don't think that they maybe, well, practised and assessed the props under the new laws?

You don't think that McKenzie might know a thing or two about scrums?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yes. But the problem, as Sully points out, is Alexander.

Here I think Link was willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of scrummaging for mobility. Which hasn't clicked yet.

Link made a good point in the paper today (yesterday?) that if this mobility thing clicks, the opposition are fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.