• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for quality Rugby journalism???

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Horan's now channelling Strop from the Paul Hogan Show in the on-field interviews. He's got the jaw jut off pat.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Horan is an absolute shocker. Clarke knows no-one except the 'big names'. Cannon has had one too many head knocks. Marto is a fool. Kearns = Marto. Kafe isn't too bad.

God we need new commentators.
Did you hear Sharpe last night? Provided coherent, timely and at times insightful comments. Didn't fit the team ethos - he's a goner, for sure.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I felt slightly nostalgic when Growden left the SMH. Now I can read his column again its bringing back all those articles when I went, WTF. I hate it. Stop being so fricken cryptic and vague.

........and stop posting links to his articles everyone.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Say what you want about GG, he has only written a couple of articles this year and has already provoked way more discussion than anything put out by the SMH or Tele.
Is that a good thing? I don't when his vague titbits are divisive in a fractured rugby community.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Is that a good thing? I don't it is when his vague titbits are divisive in a fractured rugby community.

I don't think it's that damaging. Especially now he is only over at ESPN and not occupying a lead role at a major metro newspaper. I am not a huge fan of GG's general rugby coverage, but his 'ruck and maul' was always an interesting read. Half of it was crap, but it was at least readable crap.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I don't think it's that damaging. Especially now he is only over at ESPN and not occupying a lead role at a major metro newspaper. I am not a huge fan of GG's general rugby coverage, but his 'ruck and maul' was always an interesting read. Half of it was crap, but it was at least readable crap.

He'd probably consider it a win since he got a 'I'm Radio' t-shirt out of it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Growden's predictions and rumours over the last couple of years have generally been more accurate than other rugby journalists in Australia.

For every bit of crap he spouts, he does get plenty of things right. Certainly more than people like Bret Harris, Jamie Pandaram and Danny Weidler.

He is obviously pretty well connected.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Say what you want about GG, he has only written a couple of articles this year and has already provoked way more discussion than anything put out by the SMH or Tele.

Suddenly seems to have found richer veins of controversy now he works somewhere clicks matter!