• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Seriously? Guess I should tell my old mates Cam and Bill I won't be at the game this weekend. I'll watch it at home in Melbourne with Clarkey. He's a funny fellow. You'd like him.

Don't be embarrassed that your team snuck in by the back door. I'd rather earn it on merrit.....Melbourne apparently not.

M

Moono75

No need for unnecessary provocation. get a grip

This whole saga has really cut to the bone. Just absolutely pissed off that we are out of it as a Sandgropper even though we did everything to survive. Pride in our State and it means nothing to the ARU. Just gutted.

T

TOCC

Golly, your opinion of a club is based on a few posts on the internet? How awfully shallow, old boy.

I have nothing against the Force. Moronic comments by anyone, supporters and journo's, should be called out. Mine as well. Happy with that.

Vitriol is a bit of a strong word, though. Let's say that occasionally, the levels of idiocy and conspiracy dribble deserve a bit of a return serve.

Mate this is all because you didn't like an article which said some Force players allegedly don't want to play for the Rebels..

Get over it

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Mate this is all because you didn't like an article which said some Force players allegedly don't want to play for the Rebels..

Get over it

In all fairness that was just the final bit. Being generous, Daz has an odd way of seeing the issues, his name plate says it all.

M

Moono75

Lets see how the allegation of the "alleged" leak of the Force Alliance Agreement to the VRU from the ARU plays out.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Whether it's true or not, I don't see it making any bit of difference...

no but it shows the integrity of those involved. Clyne and Clarke have never been in doubt but it seems Tim North may be in that team also, he won't deny it.

Reactions: dru
M

Moono75

How you deal with people in life and how you conduct your affairs in life means a hell of a lot to me. It might not change the outcome for the Force, but, if as I suspect, and many other people do, that this has been a bloody injustice shoved down the throats of the Australian sporting public, well I'm not swallowing it.

Everyone was behind the stronger as five campaign when they thought their team might be in danger but it's gone real quiet real quick since. This decision is just flat out WRONG!

M

Moono75

If there has been "alleged" behaviour that is deemed to be outside of and against a fair process, well I hope Twiggy takes legal action outside of the legal deliberations around the Alliance Agreement. Because we all know that is where the real concerns are. It's on the fringes of the ruck where some policing is required.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If there has been "alleged" behaviour that is deemed to be outside of and against a fair process, well I hope Twiggy takes legal action outside of the legal deliberations around the Alliance Agreement. Because we all know that is where the real concerns are. It's on the fringes of the ruck where some policing is required.

I'm not sure of its relevance........

M

Moono75

I'm not sure of its relevance....

Fraud is fraud, misrepresentation, false pretenses, contracts......hopefully one of these so called journalists will show some balls and bring it all together. There's a lot of meat to chew on in this story if the dogs hungry enough to bite.

B

BLR

Lets see how the allegation of the "alleged" leak of the Force Alliance Agreement to the VRU from the ARU plays out.
Yeah look. We know they have both been dodgy as anything since the start. It will prove nothing but the fact we were naive to play with that incestous duo.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Don't be embarrassed that your team snuck in by the back door. I'd rather earn it on merrit...Melbourne apparently not.

Seriously. Rebels are in because they didn't sell to the ARU. Force out because they did. No backdoor, just poor business sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Seriously. Rebels are in because they didn't sell to the ARU. Force out because they did. No backdoor, just poor business sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Losing how many tens of millions since inception. Rebels brilliant business sense.
If this was a real world business they'd be on they're arse, bankrupt or kneecapped - depending what sort of business they were in.
But in the world of rugby the just keep sucking on the teat that rewards poor financial performance then have the sheer audacity to crow about being better at business when a team that lost a fraction of that gets rolled by some shysters.

All class.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yep. Losing how many tens of millions since inception. Rebels brilliant business sense.
If this was a real world business they'd be on they're arse, bankrupt or kneecapped - depending what sort of business they were in.
But in the world of rugby the just keep sucking on the teat that rewards poor financial performance then have the sheer audacity to crow about being better at business when a team that lost a fraction of that gets rolled by some shysters.

All class.

I'm not sure how the Reds, Waratahs, or Brumbies would fare on economically sustainable grounds either. Rebels are in the firing line because, well because they were in the claytons firing line. (The firing line you have when you don't actually have a firing line.)

The Rebels fought for survival and won. The Force IMO are entitled to outrage.

But Reds/Waratahs/Brumbies fans should realise that the issue here starts with the structure, organisation and incompetence of the State Unions. All of them not just Vic. This is the enabling pattern to the brusque belligerence of the ARU. In fact responsibility I think is skewed to teh unions with larger votes - NSW and Qld.

An answer to this? I have none short of sharing the Force outrage. BUT this is worth considering:

I'm not sure of its relevance....

I see red with this sort of statement, but the reality is that Slim is right - in terms of changing anything. The moral and ethical boundaries stomped on by the ARU are a different matter. But I'd suggest, outrage or no, it's four teams for 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.