• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which Aussie supporting the All Blacks this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm backing the Boks this weekend.

It'll hopefully allow us to take out the Tri-Nations at Fortress Suncorp by getting over a rattled Blackness!

It'd be a great start to the WC is Big Kev could lift another piece of silver-ware at Suncorp!

That and I want to give my kiwi makes the same treatment of "don't send a B-Team to an international game".

So to be clear....that was the Wallaby 'A' Team that Manu Samoa beat-up??

Cheeeeeeehooooooooo!!

W

wikman

The Manu Samoa game was a friendly and being a world cup year players were fighting for positions and spots in the RWC squad. Also the Somoa game was for no silver wear or trophy.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I usually go for the ABs when they go against anyone else but Ireland, Italy and sometimes France.

Sometimes I backslide when an underdog has a chance to win (except the Poms) but I will be interested in what I am thinking if the Boks are a chance, especially because it would be in the Wallabies best interests for the Blacks to lose.

Most Aussies will be going for the Boks - rugby fans, that is. The average sporting fan over all the country wouldn't know the game was on.

I had to delete about three words and add one to get my sentiments exactly

D

daz

Dear Bokke and All Bluck players:

Just so you know, I will be fair and equitable this weekend, which means I will be supporting neither team. However, I will be very carefully and openly supporting the injury toll, so please beat the living fuck out of each other this weekend.

Injuries that take more than 4-6 weeks to recover from would be best, if you wouldn't mind.

I'll award points to each player that tackles hard enough for his opposite number to show bone, or causes a brief collapse of vital signs. Or both.

Please don't feel that you have to play within the rules to achieve this, either. Just go for it. More than a 3 week sin bin will also be looked on favourably.

Cheers.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I'm backing the Boks. Normally I'd back the ABs as my second team but all this 'respect' thing has got up my nose.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Dear Bokke and All Bluck players:

Just so you know, I will be fair and equitable this weekend, which means I will be supporting neither team. However, I will be very carefully and openly supporting the injury toll, so please beat the living fuck out of each other this weekend.

Injuries that take more than 4-6 weeks to recover from would be best, if you wouldn't mind.

I'll award points to each player that tackles hard enough for his opposite number to show bone, or causes a brief collapse of vital signs. Or both.

Please don't feel that you have to play within the rules to achieve this, either. Just go for it. More than a 3 week sin bin will also be looked on favourably.

Cheers.

Injuries aren't always reasons for timeoff and dont just restrict themselves to on-field indiscretions.... they grow legs and follow off-field festivities as well.... Good luck this weekend.... Preferably no police arrests for skylarking, fighting team mates and borrowing computers... But if the court prefers weekend detention is an option...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Having read this thread this morning I have mixed feelings. Somewhere between being touched and feeling the oats move back up my throat. :)

Like I have said all 3N, I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves because that is as much as we can hope for right now.

Those AB young'uns are going to play like boys possessed.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I just want the best team to win. If the boks win I hope they do it by playing some good attacking rugby. Show the NH that all three trinations teams are still the top of the tree.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Thats the spirit.:yay You still have to carry the Sharks barrier?
Only till the Tahs play them again...

What's the lowest points tally for the Bokke in a Tri Nations? 1 would have to be a new low surely

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

R

Rev Spooner

If the ABs lose 2 matches in a row will that help or hinder their RWC campaign? I'm undecided on whether I want them as cocky as hell or sad and sorry.

St Peter

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm going for a draw!

I would love to see SBW and Lambie carve it up and cause selection headaches for their coaches too.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
If the ABs lose 2 matches in a row will that help or hinder their RWC campaign? I'm undecided on whether I want them as cocky as hell or sad and sorry.

Sad and sorry for sure?

There would be more pressure on them from the locals that it just might get inside their heads.

On the other hand whoever plays them in that first pool game will get an almighty spanking!

R

Rev Spooner

Sad and sorry for sure?

There would be more pressure on them from the locals that it just might get inside their heads.

On the other hand whoever plays them in that first pool game will get an almighty spanking!

Yeah I tend to agree with you - but they've been cocky before a few times and look what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.