• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which Clubs are the Class of 2013 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
^^^^ A few of the Northern NSW boys cross the border to complete their education in QLD system.

Highlanders may have been able to appeal to some of those to return to their home state.
Has Alstonville developed some Sydney connections with any Uni?
It will be good to see some of Northern NSW finest get an education in something besides banjo playin'

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Speaking of Alstonville, do Joey Fittock and Frankie Caluguy come on the "market" this year for Colts?

They were under 16 in 2012 for NSW Schools but have crossed the border for 2013 schooling. Not sure whether they matriculate this year or have another year to go.

There is a disparity between the QLD and NSW school system which means that the QLD cohort typically finish as 17 year olds not 18 year olds as in NSW.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I've heard from a few coaches UQ have been doing the GPS school circuit - "boosting & over committing to players" was one quote.

Apparently trying to recruit leading representative schoolboys where their incumbent Premier Colts players have another year. Blindside & flyhalf was the example I heard where they have Korzyck & Dalgliesh.

Full hats off to them for being active though! Some other clubs should take note.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Conrad Quick from BBC played in the Emmanuel 7's yesterday for Sunnybank, not sure if this is an indication.

Can anyone confirm?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Conrad Quick from BBC played in the Emmanuel 7's yesterday for Sunnybank, not sure if this is an indication.

Can anyone confirm?

Conrad is a Sunnybank Junior and has been working in the Sunnybank gym as part of his school based traineeship.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Conrad is a Sunnybank Junior and has been working in the Sunnybank gym as part of his school based traineeship.
Conrad quick may have done a bit of work there, but he only moved to Brisbane from cairns as a 16 yr old so I don't think sunnybank can really claim him as home grown. Interesting to see where all the rest of the BBC boys go as most of them are on scholarship and not local to the west side.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Conrad quick may have done a bit of work there, but he only moved to Brisbane from cairns as a 16 yr old so I don't think sunnybank can really claim him as home grown. Interesting to see where all the rest of the BBC boys go as most of them are on scholarship and not local to the west side.

That would be my mistake. I half overheard something and obviously got the wrong end of the stick. My bad.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
2013 King’s Year 12 1st and 2nd players possible colts clubs in 2014

1. Nick Brown – (Eastwood junior) - in USA playing College NFL or Norths.
2. Nick Reid – (Eastwood junior) - Eastwood
3. Lucas Bateman - (Eastwood junior) - Sydney Uni (or Melb Uni)
4. Ben Stacy - (Eastwood junior) - gap year in UK playing for English club.
5. Jamie Greentree – (Eastwood junior) - Eastwood
6. Sam Conor - (Eastwood junior) – Randwick?
7. Jack McCalman - (Eastwood junior) – Easts or Australian Sevens
8. Mark Quadrio – (Eastwood junior) – Eastwood
9. Rory Davis – Sydney Uni?
10. Cory Tulloch – Norths?
11. Tom Bucknell – (Eastwood junior) - Easts
12. Will Davies – (Warringah junior) – Warringah or Sydney Uni
13. Charlie Friend – (Eastwood junior) - Easts?
14. Oly Martin – ?
15. -
16. Rob Black (6) - (Eastwood junior) - Eastwood or may just focus on rowing (rowed Aust U19 this year)
17. Angus McClelland (5) – ?
18. Matt Bartholomew (12) – Eastwood?
19. Andy Symonds (11/14) – ?

Saw this on the Colts 2014 thread - not sure that it's totally accurate but quite a number of them are likely correct.

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
Has Alstonville developed some Sydney connections with any Uni?
It will be good to see some of Northern NSW finest get an education in something besides banjo playin'

Conor Young - Nudgee College Ex: Yamba Buccaneers Junior and Matt Gibbon - Nudgee College Ex: Wollongbar Junior both boy come through North Coast Rep and Country Cockatoos then Nudgee are off to Southern Districts in Sydney.

Southern Districts has the Yamba connection already the with ex: local Buccaneer and Wallaby / Super 15 Waratah player Kane Douglas, also Kane’s younger brother Jake is playing grade there. Another ex-Junior Buccaneer rugby talent and Super 15 Waratah player Jed Holloway plays 1st Grade there when is duties are not needed in the Super 15 Waratah side.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Digger McMillan from Churchie off to UQ. A Korczyk, McMillan, & Schultz backrow looks very impressive

Anyone got a predicted UQ Prem Colts team?

They seem to have landed some very talented boys especially given the number of 2013 players returning for a 2nd year.

william_wolfgang

Bob McCowan (2)
I've heard that most if not all the yr 12 barker 1st xv is heading to warringah. This combined with the usual influx of augustines boys should see the rats with a strong colts team next year.

S.Pilson

Frank Row (1)
I've heard that most if not all the yr 12 barker 1st xv is heading to warringah. This combined with the usual influx of augustines boys should see the rats with a strong colts team next year.

I've heard otherwise. Good sources tell me the majority of Barker 1st xv leavers are heading to the likes of parramatta and west harbour. Although I hear the likes of Harry jones and jack slack smith are staying loyal to their junior club warringah. However, like I said, the majority are heading to parramatta and west harbour

Status
Not open for further replies.