• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which TV to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It disturbed me how early in the evening you decided to moon someone!! The rest looked like a good night out! :lmao:

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Scarfman said:
I was kind of hoping someone would comment on my emoticon narrative.

i certainly enjoyed it scarfo. i always did like stories told by pictures better than words anyhow. would have been even better if KB (Kurtley Beale)'s head was replaced by quade's though.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Scarfman said:

Other than overcooking the double bundy & cokes, leading to an early browneye, I'm guessing this was your warm up routine for the G&GR drinks tonight Scarfie? After action reports, complete with incriminating photo's are expected, particularly if someone has a QC (Quade Cooper) moment... :lmao:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sandpit Fan said:
Scarfman said:

Other than overcooking the double bundy & cokes, leading to an early browneye, I'm guessing this was your warm up routine for the G&GR drinks tonight Scarfie? After action reports, complete with incriminating photo's are expected, particularly if someone has a QC (Quade Cooper) moment... :lmao:
No, but Blue did spill his beer on The Scarf, which drew gasps of dismay from the rest of the table.
But he was such a good bloke we let him off with a severe beating, and he promised not to do it again...until next year! :lmao:

T

TOCC

i just bought myself a new TV, the Sony 46 inch Z5500 Series Full HD BRAVIA LCD TV

I did look at going LED, problem been with LED that it is a relatively new technology, and the price to size ratio was a bit expensive at the moment so i decided to stick with the LCD for the time been.

The TV i bought is 200hz which means it is perfect for watching sport, i did a fair bit of research into it and read quite a few reviews online and it scored pretty highly, im more then happy with it after upgrading from my previous LG 37" HD tv.

IT comes with all the gucci extras like USB and LAN connections, as well as 4HDMI ports

T

TOCC

i havent actually hooked the LAN up yet, the router is in another room, but this is what the website says

Photo (JPEG), Music (MP3, LPCM), Video (MPEG2 PS, MPEG2 TS, AVCHD)

i have a PS3 as well, so i dont really plan on using that feature of the tv all to much

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
My TV has completely carked it now 3years and 3 months from purchase. I am pretty pissed about it but atleast the sales are on now. I will be buying something cheap as I spent big $ last time and have received no value from it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
TOCC said:
i have a PS3 as well, so i dont really plan on using that feature of the tv all to much

Have you got the PlayTV? I'm keen to look into this option to replace my HDD Set Top Box when it also carks. New TV, PS3 + PlayTV, and I reckon I'm about set.

T

TOCC

NTA said:
TOCC said:

Have you got the PlayTV? I'm keen to look into this option to replace my HDD Set Top Box when it also carks. New TV, PS3 + PlayTV, and I reckon I'm about set.

yeah i do have PlayTV, my only small issue with the PlayTV is that the reception quality is slightly less then what your tv would give you, its absolutely fantastic other then that, i look through the guide for the next 7 days and just pick out all these shows that i want to record, then later in that week i just go through my hard-drive and watch all these recorded tv shows.

Its got dual tuners as well, so you can watch one channel whilst recording another, or you can be playing your playstation whilst recording a tv show at the same time.

but like i said, if you are in a area with good tv reception, then you will have no dramas, however where i am we get pretty shit reception and the image jumps about a bit.

T

TOCC

nah you cant stream, well its not a feature which is built in at least

playtv did come with the option where you were able to copy shows onto a USB drive, but its actually against the laws in Australia so they have removed that feature, you are still able to do it however, you change the region to 'other' from 'australia' and you can do it, but due to other reasons technical reasons the max size file you can copy is 4gb, which is equal to about 1hr SD or 30min HD, so if you planned on copying a rugby match it aint happening.

Thats the other thing i should mention, the format which the shows are recorded in are Mpeg2, no dramas except it means that the file sizes are quite massive, you would want to have quite a large hard drvie in your PS3.

The other feature which it has, is you are able to stream over the PS3 wireless card to a PSP, or you can connect to you PS3 through the internet and program recording guides.. Whilst i dont think its a feature which i will ever use, it might appeal to some people.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Panasonic. My 50" Plasma is magnificent. Bought 15 months ago for only $2500. You can get quality in the $2.5-3K range, so you're laughing.

You simply need to go in store and see what your eyeballs like.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
We start moving house tomorrow. Foxtel move is booked in for Friday which is when the new toy gets its grand unveliing. Havent been brave enough to visit the hi-fi stores to see if I could have gotten a better deal by holding on a little while longer. As I learnt when I was a lot younger, a bird on my hand was much better than thinking about her bush.

(edited to remove terrible typos)

Status
Not open for further replies.