• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who do people actually want to win?

Select your desired QF winners

• Wallabies

Votes: 49 79.0%
  • Boks

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Frogs

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • Poms

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • The Darkness

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Argies

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • Ireland

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Make it an open poll. I want to know who the four people who want the poms to win are.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
No there's not.

In 1987 a Rugby World Cup was held and New Zealand won it.

In 1991 a Rugby World Cup was held and Australia won it.

Just because one team didn't compete in those tournaments it doesn't mean these achievements did not occur.

That might be what you like to think and it is what I would like to think.
But, the fact stands that there are question marks over anyone claiming to be world champs when one of the greatest ruby nations did not play.
I have had good debates and see sound arguments from both sides.

Yes it is a very controversial subject and a debate for another day.

RSA are playing today so lets hope we beat them.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Look, it's right there on the trophy:

the_william_webb_ellis_trophy_on_display_at_the_of_4e4c366a53.jpeg

There can be no dispute about it.

Well there may not be in your part of town but I can assure you there is in RSA.
So there IS indeed dispute about past RWCs.... especially the early 'selection process'.

You are more than entitled to dismiss controversy and conspiracy, but I do find Rugby and its history all very colourful.

Just like the myth that the origins of Rugby Union begun when William Web Ellis was playing soccer at Rugby School and decided to pick up the ball.... the history of running and handling the ball goes back hundreds of years and it is said some games would last up to five days.

Status
Not open for further replies.