• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Why aren't the Wallabies playing (and winning) like the Crusaders?

nathan

Alfred Walker (16)
Apart from what Newter says the lack of balance in the Wallabies is a massive issue. The 22 has one winger, 4 12's etc etc. Regardless of how good the individuals are you don't just play a 12 on the wing because he "has" to be in the 1st 15.

I believe we have the players, they just aren't the ones being constantly selected because some players are out of position.

The boks playing JdV was a perfect example of how that fails. I read an article yesterday saying that Richard Graeme is with Deans in saying that he feels wing is JOC (James O'Connor) test position. Idiotic.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You are totally ignoring that the players outside the top 40 can step up and create pressure on that echelon, thus constantly improving and evolving the top 40.
Dankie Skorsie, vokken stupid to think you can build a international team with only 40 players. If we dont have our CC we'll be dead with our qouta system enforce in our national team.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Neu(w)ter's avatar is the great Irish poet and statesman, W B Yeats.

And I thought it was Emmett 'Doc' Brown from Back to the Future.

docbrown.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Crusaders draw (home games in bold)
v Brumbies, Saturday, February 25 tenured Cantab AB's don't give a shit about these early season fixtures. L.
v Highlanders, Saturday March 4 coming unglued here. Not looking good. L
v Reds, Saturday March 11. resurgent Reds, wft is going on. L
v Blues, Friday March 17 goddamn tinpot New Lancaster Park graveyard. W
v Force, Friday March 24 only had to front up for 20 minutes to see off The Western Asterisks* before they're expunged from Super Rugby history. W
v Waratahs, Sunday April 2 tahs rise to the "occasion" even though it aint really all that and a bag of chips rugby-wise since the Cantabs dynasty died years ago. L
v Sunwolves, Friday April 14 84-3 blitzkrieg. W
v Stormers, Saturday April 22 cantabs fail to do the grunt work after last weeks canter. L
v Cheetahs, Saturday April 29 off the plane, got cocky with the run and gun, ran out of puff, go down 37-44. L
v Bulls, Saturday May 6. seeing as these lolly for everyone fluffybunnys no longer play NZ sides I havent seen the Bulls play a match for 2 years. L.
v Hurricanes, Saturday May 13 Canes too much firepower. L
v Chiefs, Friday May 19 Toddy's left a mess. L
v Rebels, Saturday May 27 the nadir of post-Toddy. L
v Highlanders, Saturday June 3 oh shit these Highlanders. L
v Hurricanes, Saturday July 15 outclassed all over the park. L. Tenured undroppable AB's already eyeing international season. Cantabs finish season with 7 straight losses to go 3 and 12, pass the shovel buddy, the last solemn smegs of dirt on the dynasty's unmarked grave.

1455888672032.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've already bookmarked his thoughtful season preview for jamming down his throat after the Razor gang qualify for the playoffs yet again & the Bloos don't, also yet again. I'd make it a signature & avatar bet but I doubt the Dismal one would be up for it...........