• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will Skelton

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
Will ran on for the tahs tonight, made a good impact - showed good weight behind the front row in the scrum, good strength in hit ups and made a critical turnover in an opposition maul to gain momentum towards the end of the game. Hopefully we see more of him more often!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He seems to bring what Timani does (at times) with even more intent! Jeepers, what a beast. Made a good start to senior rugby. Loved that complete farking up of the Stormers' maul he managed.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The thing I liked best about Skelton was that he had an aura or self confidence and had the look of a driven bright young man.

You can't say that about a lot of rugby boys, especially 135kg monsters.

His challenge will be keeping that massive frame healthy an uninjured.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The thing I liked best about Skelton was that he had an aura or self confidence and had the look of a driven bright young man.

You can't say that about a lot of rugby boys, especially 135kg monsters.

His challenge will be keeping that massive frame healthy an uninjured.
And he was smiling while waiting to pack and seemingly gave someone a bit of lip.
Imagine trying to lift him in te line out: 67.5 kgs for each lifter!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
He did look confident , and equipped himself very well on debut... but one the basis of only the few minutes I saw, he did also look a bit 'ungainly' in terms of his ' body mechanics' - (easy to understand given his size), however my immediate thoughts were that he will be very fortunate if he is not prone to injury - particularly in the legs / knees and lower back. That is a very big frame to brace and carry about the field - and he doesn't appear to be quite the fully-proportioned athlete as was the case with Jonah Lomu for instance. I am not criticising him - just observing.. those who have seen him play alot more than I would know better...

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Thought I'd take this opportunity to bump up this thread & for a big shout going out to our latest Wallaby debutant.

Congratulations to big Will on the enormous strides that he has taken in a relatively short timeframe post-school, following his debut for the Tahs just over 12 months ago.

For a big man he possesses plenty of skill to go with his brawn. I hope that he has a blinder against the French in Sydney.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
For a year now I have been waiting with keen anticipation to find out more about how this young 142kg monster was travelling. See article below:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...an-waratahs-pack/story-e6frey4i-1225839364538

I remember reading somewhere he is in the Uni colts team. I was wondering whether anyone in the know (Bruce Ross?) could provide an update on the kid?

How about the brothers coming through! It's not inconceivable that the Wallabies could pack down with two Skeltons one day. By the looks of the 13 year old brother a third wallaby when his time comes...

Status
Not open for further replies.