• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will the Reds make the Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hell_Winger

The Brumbies require a miracle now. The Sharks or Bulls to lose (unlikely) or they win by the closest of margins without a bonus point, in which case, it'll come down to their 'for and against'.

Nail-biting stuff!

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I had no idea. If I'd known this was happening when I was at the game it would have been even more exciting.

H

Hell_Winger

Not really, they are just in the position that the Reds were a few hours ago. Improbable, but not impossible.

Yes, it ain't quite over yet.

Would like to see the Bulls and Sharks spontaneously implode overnight!

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I'm just confused as to how you didn't! Was the rest of the crowd not aware too?

Last time I logged on here and had a read the Red getting through was a
Mathematical issue that required the stars to align. Then I come on here to read what people were saying during the game and all of a sudden we're in and the Brumbies are in limbo

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The crowd announcer said it about four times before the match started. Those who arrived right before kickoff wouldn't have known I guess.

Nothing like getting there 90 mins before kick off to find out the prematch game was moved!

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
From no-hopers to a home final. What a comeback. Well done Reds, stuck to it throughout the season. Bad luck to the Brumbies, but I would've been fuming had they gotten a home final without winning as many games as the Reds.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
The crowd announcer said it about four times before the match started. Those who arrived right before kickoff wouldn't have known I guess.

Nothing like getting there 90 mins before kick off to find out the prematch game was moved!

We got to our seats as they kicked off. I missed all of that.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
If the Reds can beat the Sharks they'll play the Chiefs in a semi-final in NZ.

If the Crusaders beat the Bulls they'll play the Stormers in SA.

If both the Reds and Crusaders were to win those games, the Reds (as the highest qualifier) would host the Crusaders in the final.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
If the Reds can beat the Sharks they'll play the Chiefs in a semi-final in NZ.

If the Crusaders beat the Bulls they'll play the Stormers in SA.

If both the Reds and Crusaders were to win those games, the Reds (as the highest qualifier) would host the Crusaders in the final.

If the results fall as above it would be unbelievable for the Reds to host the Grand Final. Considering as late as Friday it would take a freak result or two just to make the finals. Just shows you should never give up.

We only just missed beating the Sharks after injuries and Digby off causing Reds to lose lead in Durban.

Chiefs regular season seemed to fall apart at end and Finals football is at another level that they have not experienced.

Results to the Reds favour are a distinct possibility. Can't wait!!!

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)

They posted the move on the Reds web site - which I noticed this morning!!! If it weren't for a phone call we would have been at Suncorp for the kick off at 5:15. Poor call - game was played on Ballymore number 2 field under poor lighting which they turned off 5 mins after game finished. Left spectators in the dark!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Being a realist, not this year!

I would like to publicly admonish myself for the lack of faith displayed by me in uttering the above comment! I shall in future make sure such comments are weighted more towards optimism than realism!!

Lyall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last night was the first game I've been to in a while (Reds vs Warratahs). I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere before but is that spruiker able to speak rather than yell (he even screamed at everyone during the presentations!)? And is all that 'hype' normal at the other venues around the country? I'm sure I'm just showing my age.

Maybe that sort of carry on (the spruiker et al) is to be expected when your name is Woody..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.