• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will you still be interested in a RWC final without the Men in Gold (or your team)?

Would you watch the Final if <your team> was NOT in the RWC Final?

• Feck Yeah, Rugby is the winner and I love it.

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Yes, but only for academic interest.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Meh. Maybe, if I don't get a better offer.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • What Rugby World Cup?

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the unmentionable happens on Sunday night, and we are in the Bronze Medal play off match, what is you attitude towards watching the Battle for Bill on 23 October?

Same question for the supporters of Les Frogge, The Darkness, or the Jones-Williams's?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If NZ makes the final over us, I will be passionatly supporting France or Wales as if they were my side.

Reactions: DPK

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would secretly delight in watching the kiwi's choke in the final if they don't already on Sunday

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes..mostly just to see whether the All Blacks choke...frankly, if Aus don't win, I 'd like to see the All Blacks win. because a) lets face it they are overdue b) it has been a hard year for the people of NZ and c) keep those Northern Hemisphere wannabees as far away from that trophy as possible.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The WC is dead to me. Mors vokken vrek.

Joking, I'll support the Wallabies in the semi, winner of Wallabies/All Blacks in the final.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Seeing that it is a hypothetical question, cause we all know it will be us vs the French, the bottom line is that Bill likes it Down Under. Don't want to see him go North.

If it is NZ v Wales, will this be the first time in RWC Final that one country has supplied head coach to both opponents?

Also, I think it will be the first time that one of the coaches has been head coach for both finalists at one stage in their career.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Seeing that it is a hypothetical question, cause we all know it will be us vs the French, the bottom line is that Bill likes it Down Under. Don't want to see him go North.

If it is NZ v Wales, will this be the first time in RWC Final that one country has supplied head coach to both opponents?

Also, I think it will be the first time that one of the coaches has been head coach for both finalists at one stage in their career.
Dont know what Budgie is about here. Pretty sure your coach come from the same country?

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
Most Rugby people I know are firstly followers of the game with a hope that their team triumphs. Once their team is eliminated they continue to watch every game and adopt one of the participants unless England A was playing England B. Then you would hope they destroyed each other.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Purely academic as neither will be in the final, but if new zealand lose to france, I think the whole country will descend into anarchy, chaos and despair. So Allez France! :p

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Purely academic as neither will be in the final, but if new zealand lose to france, I think the whole country will descend into anarchy, chaos and despair. So Allez France! :p

I will be passionately supporting whichever side Miranda chooses to support in the wake of being terribly disappointed by Australia not making the final.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep. I'll be watching. Whichever team from SF1 that gets there will provide a good game with the ABs if Aus are out.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Course I'll be interested! Will be supportin winner of SF1 strongly.

If we can't win it, it'll be bloody nice to see a new name on Bill.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Will watch and am happy with any of the remaining semi finalists to take it, though would be most delighted for France.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Dont know what Budgie is about here. Pretty sure your coach come from the same country?

I was saying in an arse about face way that I think a Wales vs NZ FINAL would be the first RWC FINAL where the coaches were from the same country (Gatland vs Henry).

Canada (Crowley NZ) vs Japan (Kirwan NZ), Canada vs Darkness, Darkness vs Japan were all NZ coaches vs NZ coaches.

Also that Henry (current NZRT Coach) has coached Wales previously, and if Wales played NZ in the FINAL, then I think this would be the first time one of the opponents head coach had coached his opponent.

In the QF, Wales (Gatland) vs Ireland (Gatland previous coach) was another example, although it was not the Final.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
If the Wallabies lose on Sunday, I would still be interested in the final. Will the ABs get the monkey off their back or will a new team be etched on Bill? I would opt for the latter for the good of international rugby.

Here's hoping we don't need to cross that bridge and the Wallabies make it to the final!

Status
Not open for further replies.