• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
USA: 1. Catie Benson 2. Kathryn Treder 3. Charli Jacoby 4. Rachel Ehrecke 5. Hallie Taufoou 6. Paluvava’u Freda Tafuna 7. Georgie Perris-Redding (VC) 8. Rachel Johnson 9. Taina Tukuafu 10. McKenzie Hawkins 11. Summer Harris-Jones 12. Eti Haungatau 13. Kate Zackary (C) 14. Jennine Detiveaux 15. Tess Feury Reserves: 16. Jett Hayward 17. Mona Tupou 18. Tiara A’au 19. Evelyn Ashenbrucker 20. Erica Jarrell* 21. Olivia Ortiz 22. Joanne Fa’avesi 23. Meya Bizer

Black Ferns (caps in brackets): 1. Esther Faiaoga-Tilo* 2. Grace Gago* 3. Amy Rule (14) 4. Joanah Ngan-Woo (18) 5. Maiakawanakaulani Roos (16) (Captain) 6. Lucy Jenkins (1) 7. Kendra Reynolds (11) 8. Liana Mikaele-Tu'u (13) 9. Iritana Hohaia (2) 10. Rosie Kelly (2) 11. Grace Steinmetz (1) 12. Grace Brooker (3) 13. Amy du Plessis (9) 14. Kelsey Teneti (2) 15. Tenika Willison (1) Reserves: 16. Georgia Ponsonby (15) 17. Phillipa Love (26) 18. Tanya Kalounivale (8) 19. Chelsea Bremner (14) 20. Kennedy Simon (15) 21. Arihiana Marino-Tauhinu (14) 22. Ruahei Demant (28) 23. Renee Holmes (12)

*Denotes Black Ferns debut.

New skipper Roos is now the youngest-ever at 21. She looked genuinely stunned to be named as such when the team was read out at a team meeting but looked like at least some of the other players knew in advance. Interestingly she was actually born in USA & came to NZ aged seven.

Edit:

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Early Red Card (and corect call) to Black Ferns resuting in 78 minutes of 14 against 15 (and 10 of those 13-15), the USA stretched BFs for quite sometime. When BFs brought on some experience etc, settle down and went from 5-17 to 39-17 at fulltime. Comment that I made to me wife, some of these girls aren't bloody good women's rugby players, they just bloody good rugby players, read the game well and skills are pretty good. It's almost a different sport than we watched them 2-3 years ago!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Aussie girls looked good for the first 20. Defence was great. Canada just kept building pressure and our girls couldn't do anything with the ball. Canada were offside half the game and as a result we really struggled to get the ball out the back in phase play. Set piece by Canada was a class above. Canada just powered away. I think our girls confidence got smoked and that was the end of it.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Grace Hamilton has signed on for the Roosters for the rest of the NRLW season.
She played for them a few years back and can you really blame her the way she has been treated by Tregonning. Sacked as captain (they have used at least 4 since) then dropped from the squad completely before forcing her way back via the bench. One of our better performers over a number of years. I don’t get it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
She played for them a few years back and can you really blame her the way she has been treated by Tregonning. Sacked as captain (they have used at least 4 since) then dropped from the squad completely before forcing her way back via the bench. One of our better performers over a number of years. I don’t get it.

worth joining the dots - review of the Wallaroos set up a few years ago. Findings were about poor culture. New coach comes in who is promoted as being all about culture. Hamilton dumped as captain. She may be an excellent player but there's clearly something more we don't see.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
worth joining the dots - review of the Wallaroos set up a few years ago. Findings were about poor culture. New coach comes in who is promoted as being all about culture. Hamilton dumped as captain. She may be an excellent player but there's clearly something more we don't see.
I thought Nestor and Tink got sacked (or forced to resign) for alleged misogynistic language used towards the players when they were in the box in Coffs Harbour. Was there a review into the entire culture/program after that?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wallaroos girls have released a joint statement in their social media

IMG_1222.jpeg

Ged

Allen Oxlade (6)
are the men's partners' being flown over and put up?
I believe "just" to Sydney for the send off - but still, it was all expenses paid, Intercontinental Hotel, dinner, etc...

It's a terrible look, on top of the Sua'ali'i money, the Vancouver 7 incident, the Matildas momentum etc.

RA need to fix this quick smart. Not wait for a RWC result (good or bad)... let's commit $3m to 30 x $100,000 pa professional contracts, and offer them to the top 30 girls.

Do it tomorrow Phill Waugh. We've heard you. We get it. There's more work to be done. We've seen what the Matildas have achieved (geez think of how much merch they've just sold...) We've found the money.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I believe "just" to Sydney for the send off - but still, it was all expenses paid, Intercontinental Hotel, dinner, etc...

It's a terrible look, on top of the Sua'ali'i money, the Vancouver 7 incident, the Matildas momentum etc.

Rugby Australia need to fix this quick smart. Not wait for a RWC result (good or bad)... let's commit $3m to 30 x $100,000 pa professional contracts, and offer them to the top 30 girls.

Do it tomorrow Phill Waugh. We've heard you. We get it. There's more work to be done. We've seen what the Matildas have achieved (geez think of how much merch they've just sold...) We've found the money.
Sounds like a nice idea

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Stuff like this really just shows we are ultimately still run by amateurs. Not investing in women’s sport is just saying no to free money at the moment. Huge public appetite, huge room for growth, huge impact of investment on results due to it being in the early days of professionalism - there is no real business reason not to.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Stuff like this really just shows we are ultimately still run by amateurs. Not investing in women’s sport is just saying no to free money at the moment. Huge public appetite, huge room for growth, huge impact of investment on results due to it being in the early days of professionalism - there is no real business reason not to.
Rugby reacts it doesn't plan. They don't have the bandwidth to think ahead because they are still dealing with the last thing they fucked up.