• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Cup Jerseys 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This World Cup looks like it's going to have some of the silliest jersey designs yet...

To start with, the French have gone from having what was possibly the best international kit to the worst:

index.php

imanol-harinordoquy-porte-la-version-blanche-du-nouveau-mail.jpg

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Are they sure they didn't get their away strip mixed up with England's jerseys?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Oh the french one is disgusting, just like what they did for the 07 one. As you said their refular strip is great, one of my favourites.

English one is pretty decent, traditional all white.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh the french one is disgusting, just like what they did for the 07 one. As you said their refular strip is great, one of my favourites.

English one is pretty decent, traditional all white.

That's the French away jersey.

I don't think England have released their RWC jersey yet, but it will probably look like the French away jersey.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least they don't have a bra:

http://a8.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/269154_10150689478380557_518940556_19598765_6780715_n.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
That is terrible, I agree there current one is great, I don't know why there going dark again, stick to traditions for world cups already

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wait so that's Englands AWAY jersey? That can't be right can it? haha. It's good that the SANZAR sides never change their kits drastically

Edit: Love the Pumas strip

Double Edit: Realised it wasn't England at all hahaha

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wait so that's Englands AWAY jersey? That can't be right can it? haha. It's good that the SANZAR sides never change their kits drastically

You're not doing too well tonight...

The two pictures in the OP are of the FRENCH RWC kits...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You're not doing too well tonight...

The two pictures in the OP are of the FRENCH RWC kits...

I have to stop being so sleep deprived haha. Don't worry guys I get it now :-D
That just makes it more weird, you can forgive me for glancing at it and thinking it was England though

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have to stop being so sleep deprived haha. Don't worry guys I get it now :-D
That just makes it more weird, you can forgive me for glancing at it and thinking it was England though

Totally understandable.

I too thought it was the English kit until I saw the crest.

I felt that the French had the best test rugby kit after abolishing their black design and going back to the traditional tri-colour... their jerseys were modern, but simple and kept with tradition...

Now they've gone and done this...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It has its own thread but I'd just like to once again put forward the Scots' underpants shorts and complete disregard for their colours:

image41.png

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
There is a chance of South Africa meeting Ireland in the quarters, does anyone know what the precedent is for who gets to wear primary strip on a neutral venue?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
There is a chance of South Africa meeting Ireland in the quarters, does anyone know what the precedent is for who gets to wear primary strip on a neutral venue?

It was a coin toss last world cup, south Africa have a white away with green piping the same as the one above.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I would assume the higher ranked team would get to wear their home kit...

So probably South Africa, as Ireland should hopefully finish behind Australia...

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The powers to be seem to want to emulate those found in either NRL or the English Super League...

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
At least they don't have a bra:

http://a8.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/269154_10150689478380557_518940556_19598765_6780715_n.jpg

I hadn't seen it, that is awful. In fact all of the jerseys in this thread save the Argie one are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.