• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Rugby Chairman

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
stuff.co.nz now reporting that at the request of Beaumont & Pichot the announcement will be brought forward & be made as early as Sunday. Source cited is the BBC.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really interested in this result, but won't be real gutted whoever wins, because as Pichot himself says, both parties really want what is best for World rugby. I can't say I got anything against Beaumont, seems to be a pretty good chairman, I personally think the World game is in good shape, but then I think at times Pichot may have some good ideas that will aid the game!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I really interested in this result, but won't be real gutted whoever wins, because as Pichot himself says, both parties really want what is best for World rugby. I can't say I got anything against Beaumont, seems to be a pretty good chairman, I personally think the World game is in good shape, but then I think at times Pichot may have some good ideas that will aid the game!!
Pichot has some ideas for youth engagement which i think we are lacking in Aus. If that can come externally thatd be cool. Otherwise yeah - doesnt seem to. Be heaps between them

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
4Aux4AK.png

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Africa is controlled by France. Japan was f**ked over by sanzaar.

Interesting that it seems RAN split their votes.

The only way Pichot could've got there was probably with the extra North American vote/CAN + FIJ + SAM.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You've gotta hope Fiji & Samoa extracted some heavy-duty commitments from BB before voting for him. And got them in writing.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The NC was back on the table no matter who won. I think the biggest difference was that Pichot was looking to give more nations a vote on the council, which would have eroded a lot of the power that the 6 Nations unions have over World Rugby.

It's a bad sign that SANZAAR wasn't able to keep Japan and either Fiji or Samoa on their side. That's all it would've taken to swing it the other way.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
From what I can grasp the new structure will look a lot like the original of incorporating the 6Ns and RC but would instead run over 2 years in the July/November windows allowing for each team in the top two divisions to play one another home and away during that time. Using the RC as a means of including promotion/relegation.

The question will be how to integrate the extra fixtures for the 2nd Div. needed for them to playing a full home and away schedule which would involve 11 games a year like the 1st.

Below the 2 divisions the rest of the emerging nations will be split into 4 conferences being Europe, Africa, Americas and a combined Asia/Pacific.

I wouldn't be overly upset if this gets up and there's a clear line of opportunity for teams to progress up the tree. Would also like to see the RWC expand from 20 to 24 teams as well.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Celts & Italy supposedly scuppered the original proposal over the issue of promotion/ relegation, what's to stop them doing the same to v.2.0?