• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Rugby to trial new Law variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
What about the wronged team in a yellow card incident getting to nominate which opposition player sits on the sideline. E.G. In the Ben Smith yellow card incident, the Wallabies nominate say Sam Whitelock to spend time in the bin.

It'd be pretty unfair on the player who did nothing wrong. Especially as for some teams it may be the same player chosen every time.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes but it might have a positive effect on cynical penalties if the offending team's captain keeps getting put in the bin.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I cannot see how it could be seriously considered. But in terms of eliminating cynical play, I think it could have a very positive effect. Too many other consequences for it to actually get any consideration.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I would like to see an automatic yellow after a set number of penalties (4, 7, 10 whatever). If the team is constantly giving away penalties for whatever reason they loose a player (the last offender) regardless. Would certainly tighten bad play.

Status
Not open for further replies.