• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World XV Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dwats002

No, it isn't stupid. It is a valid opinion. I suggest you read what I wrote more closely.
I also suggest the baiting from both sides could be reined in a little too.

c'mon mate this is actually quite fun

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
It is also getting repetitive.

1: Why would you want anyone else but McCaw
2: We want McCaw but Pocock is just as good and we can have both
1: Why would you want anyone else but McCaw
2: We want McCaw but Pocock is just as good and we can have both

ad infinitum ad nauseum

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Even as an avid AB fan I can see the logic behind choosing McCaw at 6 and Pocock at 7. Both are so good that you'd just want them both on the field.

I think McCaw is easily the better player in terms of everything he brings to the game but dammit - Pocock has been pure brilliance at 7 this year.

If you thought that having both jokers on the paddock had more value than putting on a true 6 or 8, I'd agree that putting McCaw to 6 would be more effective than putting Pocock there. However, if you could only take one or the other or you simply believed that a 'real' 6 would be better than shifting either of these guys then I'd take McCaw.

I don't think anyone here is really taking away from either of these guys abilities or qualities - are we??

D

daz

Pocock, McCaw, Pocock, McCaw, PoCaw, McCock.....Argh!

Listen, this is really easy to settle. It is all about compromise and doing our best to listen to each other's wants and needs, and making a effort to make each other happy.

I tell you what, if the Kiwi fans give us the RWC, we will let you have Ritchie in the 2010 World XV at 7.

Can't say fairer than that, squire....

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Even as an avid AB fan I can see the logic behind choosing McCaw at 6 and Pocock at 7. Both are so good that you'd just want them both on the field.

I think McCaw is easily the better player in terms of everything he brings to the game but dammit - Pocock has been pure brilliance at 7 this year.

If you thought that having both jokers on the paddock had more value than putting on a true 6 or 8, I'd agree that putting McCaw to 6 would be more effective than putting Pocock there. However, if you could only take one or the other or you simply believed that a 'real' 6 would be better than shifting either of these guys then I'd take McCaw.

I think you summed it up very well. I am a believer that having both on the field, with Richie at 6 would be better then having a true 6. If the rules stated it was not allowed then Richie shades Pocock for 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.