• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Zac Guildford's alcohol fueled night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I always thought it was far more hilarious to steal the clothing of the people who decided that a drunken nudie run was a good idea.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I always thought it was far more hilarious to steal the clothing of the people who decided that a drunken nudie run was a good idea.

That's when you need to man up and just go with it, if you're fine with it then people end up giving you're clothes back because they don't want to look at ur dangly bits all night

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good one Bruce.

My worst was when I lost my wallet once when I was working at a ski resort. I was at a bar when I realised this, borrowed some money (my weeks pay was in the wallet) and got shit-faced on Chivas to drown my sorrows. Later in the night this bloke comes in with my wallet which he had found, but it was too late for that: I was goneski.

Woke up during the night; must have been sleep walking because I remember thinking what a bloody awful dream this was because I was naked in a blizzard outside my apartment and was freezing my arse off. I must have set the Olympic record for sobering up because something told me the door had shut behind me and it was locked - and it was a real blizzard.

That concentrated my mind. I knocked on the door of the next apartment, starkers, and it was a mate of mine who answered. He said I always kept a spare key under a pot plant which I didn't remember in my state. I cleared all the snow away and there it was - and got back inside.

Gave up the grog that night and it was only 10 years later that I found out that wine was good for the heart so I started drinking that with meals. I didn't miss the hangovers I got from binge drinking.

I feel sorry for the young man that he has this problem. He needs rehab otherwise his life will be not be what it could be.

Maybe he should go skiing.

08umema

I got into a bottle of stabyamum vodka (they call it stabyamum, because it makes you so fucked up you'd stab your mum) in ios, same deal, unlabelled bottle, home brewed on the island. Woke up the next day and found out that I had the greek police looking for me for 3 1/2 hrs because they thought I stabbed someone (wasn't me, they caught the guy who did it) but they thought it was me because my mate found me in the middle of Rehab bar, covered head to toe in blood, was my own, I had glass in my back and through my hand, pulled glass out and cleaned it with vodka, the muscle in my thumb popped out of a cut when I pulled a shard of glass out, ended up getting stitched up by a vet and work up in an italian girls bed. Didn't remember leaving sunrise bar, blacked out through the whole thing, still no idea what happened.... good times :D, but seriously, drink responsibly kids.

Haha classic!!!! As a 20 year old it's good to hear some blackout stories which don't involve myself.

But yeah hope he sorts himself out soonish.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There are suggestions that drugs were used in this 'prank gone wrong'.

I think the NZRU need to step in here and do whatever it takes to make sure he gets back on track. It may also be necessary to remove him from the playing environment until he's right to go because if nothing is done it will send a message to others that you can get blind drunk, bash a few people and she'll be right.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Just the five women, don't they know he's won a world cup?

It was nearly six...

...Cook Islands triathlete Kelly Pick wrote a letter to the Cook Islands News published today in which she said Guildford drove past her "erratically" on a motorbike while she was running around 5.30pm Friday night.

"Then Guildford proceeded to drive slowly past me, back and forth several times, shouting inappropriate sexual and defamatory comments to me.

This carried on for about 1km.

"I told him to go away, to leave me alone. But he persisted in harassing me."

Ms Pick said she was worried about his behaviour, so she went into a village store and didn't leave until Guildford had gone.

"I then continued on my run, but further down the road he appeared again on his motorbike and started the harassing again.

"His behaviour was totally inappropriate, to the point where I felt unsafe."

Ms Pick's letter said Guildford was "obviously highly intoxicated" and driving his rental scooter dangerously.

"I got back from [the] run totally shaken and angry that someone (whoever they are) feels they have the right to harass and leer at other people.

"We don't need tourists like him on our island."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10766143

Q

QuadeCooperFan

did you just completely miss the part in the original post where it said he 'punched several patrons?'

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
did you just completely miss the part in the original post where it said he 'punched several patrons?'

The punches are bad but riding along side her for a 1km stretch yelling all kinds of disturbing verbals toward her, especially the comments of a sexual nature, sounds more disturbing to me, thats quite a prolonged period of abuse. Unless someone knows otherwise I believe she was alone, she must have been freaked out.

I read somewhere that Zac will be talking to the people he assaulted, thats a start, he needs someone pulling him into line though & quick.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Either way the whole incident is unseemly, not just for a person in the public eye, fair chance he would have been smacked up if he wasn't famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.